A Man Called Hawk: Vendetta  » TV  »
2.0

• by Orrymain

Avery Brooks returns in A Man Called Hawk: Vendetta, a 1989 outing that places him with a cousin played by Keith David. The cousin’s name is Jesse Turner, and he needs Hawk’s help. Who doesn’t? This show is primarily built from friends and family in need, and this is a good one since Jesse has

a contract out on his life.

This show is about violence, and there’s a lot of it within its hour on the air. Once again, there’s murder, and once again, it’s just so tragic. It turns me off. This isn’t entertainment to me, which means Vendetta isn’t something I want to watch.

It’s even worse when a ...

• character like Hawk who is suppose to have sense starts a shootout with the bad guy at a busy bus depot. The thing is, Hawk was separated by the guy by a large distance. He pulls out that big deal weapon of his and grandstands, allowing the bad guy to grab an innocent bystander. It
        was stupid.

I don’t even like the Hawk character anyway. He does a lot of strutting and sauntering around, talking with the hip talk of the day, but he’s just unimpressive to me. I didn’t like him on Spenser for Hire, and I still don’t like him in his own series. My advice is to pass.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 108031019030431/k2311a038/3.8.10