Nars Lipgloss in Turkish Delight  » Cosmetics  »
  • I am on the hunt for the perfect lipgloss, and unfortunately I haven't found it yet
  • I decided to try the Nars Lipgloss in Turkish Delight after hearing that Kim Kardashian uses it and raves about it
  • Also, I thought that this would be a very versatile color to wear alone if I was going for the nude lips look or on top of any lipstick to tone it down a bit
  • The pigmentation is pretty good, so I like that about this lipgloss
  • If you have the money, I would recommend trying this

• by kelairyy

I am on the hunt for the perfect lipgloss, and unfortunately I haven’t found it yet. I want a lipgloss that is long lasting and has the perfect amount of shine, while still being pretty pigmented. I am definitely opposed to sheer glosses. I decided to try the Nars Lipgloss in Turkish Delight after hearing that Kim Kardashian uses it and raves about it. Also, I thought that this would be a very versatile color to wear alone if I was going for the nude lips look or on top of any lipstick to tone it down a bit. This was $24 for 0.28 oz which is pretty expensive.

Turkish Delight looks like a pale, baby pink color. When I swatched it at Sephora, it looked a bit milky as well. I guess it depends on your preference and skin tone, because this could wash some people out do to the milky, almost nude color. The pigmentation is pretty good, so I like that about this lipgloss. Since my lips aren’t the most pigmented and this lipgloss color was so light to begin with, it didn’t change my lip color too much. However, I did notice that if I wore this alone, it lightened my lip color a bit and gave it more of that nude pink look. However, compared to a clear lipgloss, it wasn’t that big of a difference, which

is kind of upsetting since I paid so much for this lipgloss. But, this lipgloss is terrific if you pair it with a lipstick! It can change a whole look. If I wear a really nude lip that washes me out, I can pair Turkish Delight with it to make it more wearable. Since Turkish Delight is a light pink, it gives more color to the nude lipstick making it look almost perfect. I can also top this over any pink lipstick that maybe is too bright to tone it down a bit. Or this looks great just on top of an every day lipstick color for a bit of shine. I think this is very versatile, and I would recommend everyone having a color like this in their makeup collection. It doesn’t have to be Turkish Delight, but anything similar is fine. I have heard that the MAC lipglass in Underage and the Nuetrogena lipgloss in Groove are similar.

I really like the consistency to this lipgloss! It’s one of the best I’ve tried yet. I don’t really mind sticky lipglosses because I’ve grown accustom to them, but I know a lot of people who hate the fact that their lipgloss is so sticky. The Nars lipglosses aren’t sticky at all and the consistency is amazing. They aren’t super shiny though, so if you love the super shiny lipglosses (like the ...

• ones of the C.O. Bigelow ones), you might want to skip this. However, I don’t really like when my lips are super shiny. I think this would be great in a professional setting where you don’t want to look like an overenthusiastic teenager who piles on gunks of lipgloss. Or if you like to look more sophisticated, a light shine like the one that the Nars lipgloss in Turkish Delight gives you is perfect. One bad thing about this lipgloss, however, is that I think because it is very non-sticky, it also doesn’t have a very good lasting power. The MAC lipglasses can stay on for ages, but I feel like I have to constantly reapply if I want to have the color and shine that Turkish Delight gives me. For $24, I don’t think that is a good thing, obviously. If I paid so much to get this product, I want it to at least last long. If you reapply lipgloss a lot, you might find your tube running out very quickly.

Also, I have heard a lot of people complain about the smell and the taste. I actually don’t really have a problem with it. It’s not veyr strong, so I don’t smell it unless I stick the wand really close to my nose. It reminds me a bit of plastic, but I’ve definitely smelled worse. Also, I don’t

really find myself tasting this lipgloss; it doesn’t really get in my mouth, and I don’t lick my lips very often. I can’t stand bad tasting lip products, especially lip balms. The two that really stand out in my mind are Carmex and the Nivea sunscreen lipbalm (the one in the yellow tube. I love all the other Nivea lip balms). Those taste absolutely disgusting, and I can’t even use it at all because I always get it in my mouth. However, I’ve never had that problem with Turkish Delight luckily.

Overall, I think that Turkish Delight is a veyr nice color to have, almost a staple item. It’s not very unique, because it’s just a baby pink with a milky kind of finish, but it looks great alone or over lipsticks, which is what I usually use it for. I’m not a huge fan of the price, but until I find a perfect baby pink lipgloss, I will probably repurchase this. I love the texture! Not sticky at all, which is awesome. I also really like the amount of shine it gives: not too much and not too little. The staying power isn’t amazing, but I guess I can deal with it. If you have the money, I would recommend trying this. You might want to test this on your lips at Sephora first before buying to see if you think it’s worth the price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 317031018230731/k2311a037/3.7.10