Cargo Tenerife Blush/Bronzer  » Cosmetics  »
  • I like to swirl them all together for a really pretty peachy color, but you could also use them seperately
  • I think this is a gorgeous blush to use in the spring and summer when I'm a little tanner
  • It's definitely very pigmented but not comparable to some of the MAC and Nars blushes
  • The only thing about the packaging that I don't like is that it's not one of those blushes where the lid is attached to the bottom part of the packaging
  • I love the color, although I only use it in the spring and the summer because I don't really think the color works in the winter

• by kelairyy

I am not a big fan of shimmer in my face products, unless it is a highlight. But for blush and bronzer, I would prefer matte finishes, because when you have a bunch of shimmer on your cheeks, it just looks so unnatural. I really wanted to try the Cargo blush in Tenerife ever since my friend recommended it to me. I had tried hers on once and loved it. However, I never really had the money to buy it, since it’s on the pricey side at $28.

Tenerife could be used as both a blush and a bronzer since there are four strips of color, each of them different. I like to swirl them all together for a really pretty peachy color, but you could also use them seperately. Ther is a coral-pink color, a slightly orangey-peach color, a bronze color, and a tan. I think this is a gorgeous blush to use in the spring and summer when I’m a little tanner. It has a gorgeous peachy look to it that just makes me look flushed and a little more tan which is perfect for those two seasons. I have to be careful though, because since there is such an orangey undertone, sometimes it looks kind of bad if I apply too much.

When I swatch this blush

on my hands, it looks a little powdery. When I apply it on my cheeks, however, it doesn’t look powdery, so don’t worry. As far as pigmentation goes, this blush does it fairly well. It’s definitely very pigmented but not comparable to some of the MAC and Nars blushes. However, I like this, because I don’t have to worry about it looking too unnatural or applying too much on accident. It’s very buildable, so it looks nice for every day use or you can use it for a party look or something by applying more layers of the blush. And like I said, it doesn’t look powdery or cakey when you build the color, so that’s always a plus. There is absolutely no scent, and thank goodness, I say. I hate it when powders and face products have scents because I don’t need the unnecessary ingredients to clog up my pores or break me out. I have acne-prone skin and so far, this blush hasn’t broken me out.

I think this is a very versatile color; it would look good on a lot of different skin tones. Also, since there are four different shades, you can use this for different looks depending on what you’re going for. If you don’t feel like bronzer that day, you can use one of ...

• the two strips of blush colors, or if you want a natural tan, use the bronzer side. This is great to bring on vacation or a trip where you don’t have access to all your makeup, because there are four different strips of color in one, so you don’t have to bring too many blushes or bronzers that would just take up too much room.

I like the packaging because it’s very simple. It comes in a circular packaging that is silver, and the only thing on lid is the word Cargo in capital letters. Although I do like pretty packaging, a lot of times I feel like I’m paying more for the packaging than the actual product because the quality inside isn’t all too impressive but it is overly priced. However, I do like the quality of the Tenerife blush, so I’m very happy with it. The only thing about the packaging that I don’t like is that it’s not one of those blushes where the lid is attached to the bottom part of the packaging. This blush is two different pieces: there is the seperate lid that comes off and there is the actual bottom part which is the packaging. I find that annoying because generally, when I use those kind of products, after a while, the

lid starts to slide off really easily without even applying pressure. Another thing I don’t really like about this blush is the fact that since there are four different strips of color, some of the color can get on a different color sometimes when I’m use a blush. The lines that separate the different colors are already fading, and I’m afraid if I keep continuously swirling the colors together, this product will start to blend into one color.

For $28, I think this blush is really nice. It’s a little on the pricer side, but I probably wouldn’t mind repurchasing again. You get a ton of product, and I think this would probably last me for at least a year if not more. There is 0.317 ounces. I love the color, although I only use it in the spring and the summer because I don’t really think the color works in the winter. I want to check out the other Cargo blushes for a more pinkier one that would be more appealing for the whole year. Overall though, I think this product is worth checking out if you have the money to spend on this. It is a bit pricy, and I think it could be a little cheaper. However, the quality is pretty good and the color is great.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 317031018170731/k2311a037/3.7.10