MAC Eyeshadow in Fashion Groupie
  • I think I've found the perfect purple eyeshadow
  • I tend to stick to the natural look, so I prefer champagnes, golds, and browns
  • I am sooo happy that I bought this eyeshadow, because it's one of my favorites, and it's not too bright that it would look bad
  • This is a starflash finish, which is absolutely amazing
  • I will definitely repurchase if I can get my hands on this sometime in the future

• by kelairyy

I think I’ve found the perfect purple eyeshadow. Fashion Groupie was part of a limited edition collection last summer (2009), and usually I’m not a fan of bright eyeshadows. I tend to stick to the natural look, so I prefer champagnes, golds, and browns. However, my favorite color is purple, so I just couldn’t resist. I am sooo happy that I bought this eyeshadow, because it’s one of my favorites, and it’s not too bright that it would look bad! I think this is great for a smokey eye and since it’s a purple, it’s a nice color to wear in the spring.

First of all, let’s start with the finish. This is a starflash finish, which is absolutely amazing! It’s my favorite finish that MAC has because it is so creamy and really easy to apply to my eyes. It just glides right on, and the pigmentation is great. There is only a tiny bit shimmer in Fashion Groupie which is good because I’m not a huge

fan of chunky glitter in my eyeshadow (it tends to have tons of fallout all over my eyes and underneath them). This one has no fallout, and it is very wearable because the shimmer is very miniscule and not very noticeable, but it adds the eyeshadow for a great overall effect. However when I apply this to my lid, I can hardly see the shimmer. Instead, I see more of a pretty great sheen to it, and it’s so gorgeous. Most of MAC eyeshadows are pretty pigmented, although there are a few of the bunch that lack the pigmentation that I like. Luckily, Fashion Groupie has amazing pigmentation, and it comes out pretty much what it looks like from the pan. I really like this color, because it’s a unique purple, not like some of the really bright purples that almost look sort of blue that I’m not a fan of.

I really like this eyeshadow as a crease color for smokey eyes or even on the lid ...

• if I’m going for a purple eye once in a while. However, what I love to use this for is as an eyeliner! I usually apply a black or brown pencil eyeliner to my eyes as a base, and then I use an angled eyeliner brush to apply this eyeshadow over the pencil eyeliner to make it look like I’m wearing purple eyeliner. I have brown eyes, and this really gives my look a pop of color without going overboard. Since I have brown eyes, this really makes my eyes stand out, so that I can actually like the look of my boring-colored eyes for once. I’m really sad that this eyeshadow is discontinued; I hope MAC brings this back someday. I will definitely buy a backup! I would highly recommend getting this eyeshadow if you can get your hands on it, maybe try a CCO (Cosmetics Company Outlet) that frequently sells discontinued colors and permanent colors from a lot of high end brands including MAC at a
        discounted price.

Like all the regular MAC pan eyeshadows, this is $14.50 which is kind of expensive for an eyeshadow. However I really think for most MAC shadows, you really pay for the quality you get and this is definitely the case with Fashion Groupie! The starflash finishes are my absolute favorite, the best quality ever. Also, for a high end eyeshadow, MAC ones are one of the cheapest compared to some other brands which means it’s one of the most affordable prestige brands. I haven’t found a dupe for this eyeshadow yet which is sad, because once I’m out, I might just cry.

Overall, Fashion Groupie is one of my favorite eyeshadows. I don’t usually like to wear colors that aren’t nuetral on my lids, but I really enjoy this color and it can be used for so many looks and even used as eyeliner. The quality is amazing; I love the starflash finishes! I will definitely repurchase if I can get my hands on this sometime in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 317031018140731/k2311a037/3.7.10