Mio Moov S501 GPS  » Electronics  »
  • Ever since I bought this GPS I've basically fallen in love with it
  • Another great feature of this GPS that I love is the ability to put it in walk mode
  • Unfortunately you have to select from categories of businesses to find the one you're looking for
  • I would recommend this GPS 100% to anyone

• by Mike Williams

I needed a GPS badly and after looking at several models including Garmin, TomTom, and others, I came across the Mio Moov S501 GPS. I really hadn’t heard much about the brand Mio but the salesperson told me that they are known in other countries and are high quality. After comparing the features on this Mio S501 GPS with other brands, this one reigned superior.

For almost $50 less than other GPS systems, this one had many more features, some features that are even found on $300 GPS systems. Ever since I bought this GPS I’ve basically fallen in love with it.

It’s so easy to use that I didn’t even need to read the owner’s manual. The menu is so intuitive and the 4.

7 inch touch screen is easy to use, even with my big fingers! Finding an address is as easy as starting to type and then a bunch of suggestions come up. Also, you can just tap a location on the screen to go to if it’s a business or something.

Another great feature of this GPS that I love is the ability to put it in walk mode. It’s like when you ...

• Mio Moov S501 GPS
      find directions on Google maps as a pedestrian.

It’s great, I love it! Plus, there’s an option to get live traffic updates (for a monthly fee). I really enjoy this GPS and don’t feel like I got ripped off.

The large screen and build quality is great. I feel so much more secure driving around with this GPS, knowing that it’s reliable and will

get me to where I need to go no matter how lost I am.

The absolute only downside I have encountered so far is the 2 hour battery life and the inability to type in a business name. Unfortunately you have to select from categories of businesses to find the one you’re looking for.

Overall, these two small complaints are no big deal. I would recommend this GPS 100% to anyone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 167031018000731/k2311a037/3.7.10