Happy Holidays vs. Merry Christmas
1.0
  • I think that people should just say whatever comes naturally to them, rather than overanalyzing legistics

• by cjaneb877
      Ever since the 911 tragedy, it seemks that many Americans fear saying what they think or feel because someone else might find it offensive and seek to hurt or harm them or their families. It is so sad that America has come to this.

One of the more recent debates has been over if it is

couth to say “Happy Holidays” or “Merry Christmas”, as the holiday season approaches.

I think that people should just say whatever comes naturally to them, rather than overanalyzing legistics.

If I did not celebrate Christmas, but celebrated some other holiday, would I be offended if someone said “Merry Christmas” to me? Of course not.

...

• It is the same difference to me.

Then again, I tend not to get too riled up over petty details too easily.

I think that it is appropriate for anyone who celebrates Chistmas to wish others a happy holiday season in whatever way they feel comfortable expressing good holiday thoughts or wishes.

In turn, I

think that others should greet people with similar wishes in whatever way feels right to them.

I think the whole issue has spun out of control and that it is perfectly ridicilous that here in America, people are so fearful of offending another person that they are not even able to truly stand for what they believe in.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 46511101770330/k2311a115/11.5.06