CHiPs: The Grudge
  • This is another reason that I think now that the Jon Baker character wasn't quite as intelligent as I thought he was
  • In my opinion, Ponch was far more effective

• by Orrymain

Season two of CHiPs included an episode called The Grudge which is just a little offbeat and unrealistic. What we have in this hour-long drama are some college students who get arrested and subsequently are suspended from school. Having nothing else to do, they decide to do everything they can to disrupt Jon and Ponch as they go about their duties.

At first, the college idiots

send their messages with riddles to be figured out. Jon and Ponch do figure out who it is, but there’s no proof. In a somewhat dumb scene, while off duty, the officers confront the four students and warn them to back off. There’s a moment when Ponch suggests they get it out, but then Jon tells Ponch that the guys got the message.

They did?

• How? What was there to make him think that? Answer - nothing. This is another reason that I think now that the Jon Baker character wasn’t quite as intelligent as I thought he was. There was nothing to indicate that the students got the message, and they hadn’t. In my opinion, Ponch was far more effective.

I don’t know. This just didn’t

ring true, and it bugs me.

I’m bugged, too, by the end of CHiPs: The Grudge when the sergeant gives Ponch the bill for the dispenser that was taken out while capturing the idiot college students. It’s just ridiculous. I realize it makes for a comedic beat at the end, but it’s nuts and made the show a big negative for me.

CHiPs: The Grudge was sub-par for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 107031017450631/k2311a037/3.7.10