CHiPs: High Flyer  » TV  »
2.5
  • One of the things I've noticed in re-watching this show's first couple of seasons is that I don't believe the Jon Baker character is that strong when it comes to personal dynamics
  • He frequently misreads people, and like in this case, I don't think he makes the right choices

• by Orrymain

Sadly, the powers that be behind television series often don’t pay attention to their own show’s history. Continuity often has gone into the toilet, so to speak. In CHiPs: High Flyer, we get another example of just how bad it can get when no one cares to be true to what has already gone before. In this case, Ponch exhibits a horrid fear of flying in this second season episode. He is doing everything he can to get out of going up

in the helicopter and when he finally does get into the air, he admits to his fear. Yet in season 1, he went up in a helicopter and in fact volunteered for it, so big time continuity goof is happening here. He had absolutely no fear in that premier season show. This was just really bad.

Also in High Flyger, Cynthia Bain guest stars as teenaged Kim , who has a big time crush on Jon. Kim goes overboard as teens often can ...

• and runs away to Jon’s apartment. I have to be honest and say that I really don’t like the way Jon handled it, letting her stay over night for example. In this day and age, it stands out as being so very inappropriate. Even in the late seventies, I would question this, even though the mother actually says it’s okay. It’s just very weird.

One of the things I’ve noticed in re-watching this show’s first couple of seasons is that I don’t believe

the Jon Baker character is that strong when it comes to personal dynamics. He frequently misreads people, and like in this case, I don’t think he makes the right choices.

Three’s Company’s Jenilee Harrison plays an L.A. Rams Cheerleader in a ridiculous bit that has the squad pulled over in an overstuffed van and starting to do kicks and cheers right there on the side of the freeway. Let’s get real — that wasn’t.

I’m not all that crazy about this outing; it had some failings.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 107031017440631/k2311a037/3.7.10