Blacke’s Magic: Death Goes to the Movies
  • Death Goes to the Movies is a fun entry in my opinion
  • I like it because the theme is the movie industry, which I'm interested in
  • It's good, clean fun, the kind I enjoy a lot

• by Orrymain

Blacke’s Magic: Death Goes to the Movies is a fun entry in my opinion. I like it because the theme is the movie industry, which I’m interested in. In the beginning, magician Alexander Blacke (Hal Linden) is helping a movie company to stage an important part of a movie. We quickly meet the key characters and, of course, eventually there is a murder that Blacke has to help

solve.

One of the fun bits about this is that both Claudia Christian and Mark Shera return. Both were in the pilot for this dramatic series. Christian plays Laurie Blacke, Alex’s daughter, who is a doctor living with Ted (Shera), a police detective. Once again, Alex gets involved, helping Ted to solve the murder.

There’s a cute bit with Ted and Alex over the fact that Laurie is now living ...

• with him at his home. He tells Alex they’ve set a date and calls him ‘Dad’, which of course, gives us one of those patented faces of ‘oh geez’. It’s good, clean fun, the kind I enjoy a lot.

Once again, there’s a nice supporting guest cast for this show. These folks were on everything in the 80’s. My favorite is Monte Markham. He’s a wonderful talent

and he makes me want to watch, even if he’s a bad guy. Tina Louise appears as well, but I’m not a fan of hers, so she doesn’t much for me. There’s no stretch for her in this part. It’s her usual sultry self.

Also appearing is Daryl Anderson, who does a great job here, Frank Bonner, and Roscoe Lee Brown.

This is one of the better hours for Blacke’s Magic.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 107031017300631/k2311a037/3.7.10