Blacke’s Magic: The Revenge of the Esperanza
  • I love watching shows where I know who the actors are

• by Orrymain

Blacke’s Magic: The Revenge of the Esperanza opens a bit differently for this hour-long drama. It seems Alex Blacke’s dad, Leonard, has been charging up a storm on the credit cards and isn’t where he was supposed to be, so Alex goes after him and gets involved with some adventure on the high seas, so

to speak.

Leonard (Harry Morgan) is pretending to be a wealthy man named Farnsworth who has been assisting with a search for a sunken wreck called the Esperanza, a Spanish galleon. The intrigue begins when the vessel is found and then disappears over night. Eventually, murder is added to the mix.

The guest star cast is ...

• full of B-players who were all over the TV screen in the 80’s, names like Willie Aames, Priscilla Barnes, Leigh McCloskey, and Miles McNamara. Then there are the more established, quality performers, Albert Salmi and Stuart Whitman , so it’s a solid cast. I love watching shows where I know who the actors are.
        Betsy Palmer, remembered most for being a panelist on I’ve Got a Secret, has a nice role in this show, too.

Since I’m interested in old wrecks, the excuse for this story appeals to me. The cast is good enough to hold me. The ocean helps, too. Overall, it’s a good hour’s worth of entertainment.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 107031017280631/k2311a037/3.7.10