Marriage Ref: March 4, 2010  » TV  »
0.5
  • Basically, I thought this show was a piece of junk
  • Last night, since there was an opportunity to watch the official premier, I decided to give it one more chance
  • I liked Seinfeld better this episode than in the preview, but he just isn't someone I think is that funny, anyway

• by Orrymain

Last week after the Olympics concluded, I watched the half-hour premier of Marriage Ref, a show from the apparently deluded mind of Jerry Seinfeld. My review was very harsh. Basically, I thought this show was a piece of junk. Last night, since there was an opportunity to watch the official premier, I decided to give it one more chance.

Airing on March 4, 2010, this episode of Marriage Ref featured Tina Fey, Jerry Seinfeld, and Eva Longoria-Parker

as the celebrity judges. They sit there, watch the two sides of the argument, make a lot of jokes, and then deliver a verdict on who is right — the husband or the wife. Then the host reveals the verdict to the couple over a satellite or web link.

My opinion? This show is still ridiculous. We deal with issues, such as the husband who likes to take care of himself — waxing, pedicures, teeth whitening,

• hair coloring, etc., the wife who expects her husband to know how to ‘do it yourself’ simply because he’s a man, and should men have to wear a wedding ring? This is every day life, but it’s just silly.

Having Marv Albert do segments adds to the insanity. This guy’s career went into the toilet several years ago from his own doing. The fact that he’s doing this is proof that he’s never recovered. The fact

that Seinfeld would hire him doesn’t speak well for him; but then Seinfeld was a hair’s breath away from scandal himself many years ago.

Fey was flat in my view. Longoria-Parker was much more animated, and that surprised me. I liked Seinfeld better this episode than in the preview, but he just isn’t someone I think is that funny, anyway.

My vote is no. There are many other programs worth watching. This is a waste of time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 107031017220631/k2311a037/3.7.10