RTD, Denver Transportation  » Travel  »
  • I'm from the New York area so I'm used to subways, but the lightrail is much more comfortable and I found it to be fun to ride

• by Mike Williams

I was in Denver for business and, since I didn’t have a car, I had to use the public transportation. Usually using public transportation means a headache, long waits, and an uncomfortable ride.

However, this was not the case with RTD.

I’m not sure what RTD stands for, but it is Denver’s name for the Denver Public transportation

system.

It includes a system of buses and a lightrail.

I’m from the New York area so I’m used to subways, but the lightrail is much more comfortable and I found it to be fun to ride.

It rarely goes underground and sometimes runs right along the street.

The only thing I didn’t care for about the lightrail ...

• was that stops were fairly far apart.

Denver’s a big city in terms of area so it can be quite a long walk to get from one place to another.

The trains were clean and fairly inexpensive.

There’s different zones for payment, but I only paid $4 for a round trip ticket from right outside the main city into

downtown and back again.

The ticketing system was a little bit confusing.

Plus, my ticket never even got checked by anyone.

It just seems as though pretty much anyone could walk on the train without paying.

Overall, I was please with Denver’s public transportation (RTD).

If you’re in Denver and don’t have a car, don’t be scared to use public transportation!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 385031016910531/k2311a035/3.5.10