FURminator De-Shedding Tool, Medium  » Pets  »
  • When I first saw a commercial for a tool called FURminator De-Shedding Tool, I thought it looked like a good idea

• by mariekay

When I first saw a commercial for a tool called FURminator De-Shedding Tool, I thought it looked like a good idea. Our family has a cat, who I love dearly, but what I don;t like is the fact that he sheds all over the house. The shedding is particularly bad during the summer months when it’s warm outside. I also have mild allergies to our cat, and they get worse when he sheds a lot.

Ever since we’ve had our cat, we have always brushed him. Actually my husband does it because if I did it my allergies would flare up terribly from all the cat hair. My husband takes the cat outside or in the garage and brushes him with a regular cat

brush. While this does remove some of the hair, it doesn’t seem to have a big effect on how much he sheds.

So, when I saw all the claims about the FURminator De-shedding Tool, I was willing to pay the $25 to give it a try. The product claimed to reduce shedding better than any other brush or comb. It also said it would reduce the amount of airborne elements that cause pet allergies in people. I found the product at the store and purchased it.

When my husband first used the de-shedder on our cat, the first thing I noticed was that our cat actually seemed to like the brushing. Often with other brushes, he would try to get away or act like he was uncomfortable.

• With the de-shedder, he just sat there and enjoyed it, he even purred a couple times. This made me feel confident that the de-shedder was gentle enough to not hurt the cat.

Another Thing I noticed was how much fur the de-shedder removed. Wow, it was about 4 times as much as a regular pet brush!. I was almost afraid our cat would be bald after me husband was done brushing him with this tool. But in fact, after he had a good brushing, his fur looked full and shiny.

The best part was the results. We could pick up our cat without having our hands and clothes become full of cat hair. My furniture didn’t have nearly the cat hair on

it. When I cleaned the floors, the cat hair was significantly less. The results with this product were amazing!. It’s far better than any other pet brush we’ve tried. The de-shedder really pulls out all that shedding hair and when we use it regularly, our cat hardly sheds at all. I have been able to enjoy letting the cat sleep in our bed now, which I could never do before due to my allergies.

I would highly recommend the de-shedder to anyone with a pet that sheds. This product works for both cats and dogs, and it really does remove all the shedding hair. The price is a little high at $25 for a brush, but it’s worth every penny because it works so well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 295031016720431/k2311a035/3.5.10