Slim Fast 200 Calorie Meal Bars, Chewy Chocolate Crisp  » Health  »
1.0
  • But, I turn to products such as Slim Fast 200 Calorie Meal Bars when I notice the scale creeping up and my jeans being to feel too tight
  • The bar itself wasn't as big as I thought it would be
  • I noticed that if I had a glass of milk with it, though, that helped me feel fuller (although that adds 100 more calories to the meal replacement)
  • One other thing I didn't like about the bars is that they didn't seem to agree with my stomach
  • I would not recommend these Slim Fast bars

• by mariekay

Slim Fast brand products have been around for a long time. I have tried many of their shakes, snacks, and bars over the years. Usually I am happy with Slimfast products because they are relatively inexpensive and usually taste good and do what they are supposed to - help you lose weight. Since I am not overweight, I have never needed to lose large amounts of weight. But, I turn to products such as Slim Fast 200 Calorie Meal Bars when I notice the scale creeping up and my jeans being to feel too tight.

I purchased Slim

Fast 200 Calorie Meal Bars Chewy Chocolate Crisp flavor at Walgreens for about $6. The bars are supposed to be a meal replacement, meaning instead of breakfast or lunch, you eat one of these bars and it’s supposed to fill you up with only 200 calories. YOu are supposed to eat one of these low calorie bars instaed of a high-calorie meal in order to lose weight.

The bar itself wasn’t as big as I thought it would be. The taste was okay, but a little gritty. It was very sweet, almost too sweet for my taste. I didn’t love it. I also didn’t feel full after I ate it. I noticed that if I had a glass of milk with it, though, that helped me feel fuller (although that adds 100 more calories to the meal replacement).

For about a week I ate a Slim Fast bar for breakfast instead of my usual eggs or cereal. I noticed that I Was always hungry for lunch already by 10:30-11:00 AM. The bars with a glass of milk would fill me up initially, but an hour later I would begin to get hungry again.

One other thing I didn’t like ...

• Slim Fast 200 Calorie Meal Bars, Chewy Chocolate Crisp
      about the bars is that they didn’t seem to agree with my stomach. I would get a mild stomach ache, cramps, and bloating/gas after I ate a Slim Fast bar. I”m sure my body was just not used to whatever was in the bar, but it made for an unpleasant week.

As far as weight loss, I didn’t notice that eating these bars helped much with that simply because they didn’t fill me up enough to keep me from eating more during the rest of the day. I think they would be okay for a snack, but not as a meal

replacement. I could get a box of regular granola bars for half the price of the Slim Fast bars, and they would be just as filling.

So, overall for me these were not a great purchase and I don’t think I’ll be buying them again. It would make more sense to eat a granola bar or an apple for breakfast if I’m trying to lose a couple pounds. These get a thumbs-down from me because they don’t taste great and they are not filling enough for me, not to mention they are a bit expensive. I would not recommend these Slim Fast bars.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 345031016700431/k2311a035/3.5.10