Schick Slim Twin Disposable Razors, Sensitive for Women, with Aloe  » Health  »
2.0
  • On a recent trip to the store, I noticed that Schick Slim Twin Disposable Razors were on sale so I picked them up
  • I decided that I was pleased with the razor overall
  • So, I can say that the razors work at first, but I think they get dull really fast, making them ineffective
  • I went back to my regular brand, and I would no recommend Schick Slim Twin Disposable Razors to anyone who wants their razor to last more than a day

• by mariekay

I am in my mid-thirties so I have been shaving my legs every day for a long time. I usually use disposable razors, and I have a certain brand that I stick with, unless I see another brand on sale. Sometimes I see a commercial for a new razor and end up trying it, but I usually go back to my usual brand since it’s reasonably priced and it works pretty well.

On a recent trip to the store, I noticed that Schick Slim Twin Disposable Razors were on sale so I picked them up. They came in a package of 12 razors, and I got them for under $6, which is pretty reasonable. My skin can be sensitive if I use cheap razors, so I am always cautious about that.

But these razors specifically said they were for sensitive skin and that they contained aloe, so I was pretty confident that they would be okay on my skin.

The razors looked similar to what I Was used to, they were ladies razors so they were pink, and they had a lubricating strip above the blades. These razors had 2 blades, which is the same as my usual brand. When I first shaved my legs with the Schick razors, they seemed to do a pretty good job of making my legs smooth. I did get a couple nicks, but that is typical with any razor I’ve tried.

I decided that I was pleased with the razor overall. I usually use my razors 3-4 times before throwing them away, so I was planning ...

• to do the same with this one. SO, the next time I showered, I used the same razor I had the day before. This time it seemed like it was getting hard to rinse out. I also noticed that it didn’t seem to shave quite as closely. Also, after I was done shaving, my legs began to burn. I applied lotions when I got out of the shower like I always do and it stung my legs.

About an hour later I began to notice the tiny red bumps all over my legs. Apparently the new razor had given me razor burn. It didn’t do that the first time I had used it, but it must have been too dull after just one use that it gave me

razor burn the second time. I ended up throwing that razor away, and the rest of that week I only used a razor once and then threw it out so I wouldn’t risk the ugly painful razor burn again. I was surprised that a razor with a lubricating strip and aloe would cause such a reaction.

So, I can say that the razors work at first, but I think they get dull really fast, making them ineffective. So, even though they were on sale, they turned out not to be a great value since I had to throw each razor away after just one use. I went back to my regular brand, and I would no recommend Schick Slim Twin Disposable Razors to anyone who wants their razor to last more than a day.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 345031016690431/k2311a035/3.5.10