Ted Gibson Beautiful Hold Hairspray
  • On my last trip to the US, when I enjoy shopping at Target for items we cannot get in Canada, I spotted Ted Gibson Beautiful Hold Hairspray
  • I like this hairspray lots, and while I still don’t use it every day, I would recommend it for a light, un-crunchy hold
  • However, for the most part, a light spray of Ted Gibson Beautiful Hold Hairspray holds a style well without making your hair hard and crunchy, so I would recommend it to others who have bad memories of hairspray

• by Jessie Bahrey

I have not used hairspray regularly since high school; just the image of stiff, crunchy, unnatural-looking big hair leaves me embarrassed. Over the years since then, I have occasionally used hair spray in situations when I needed some hold for a special event. Although I would expect that the technology has improved and hair sprays have become less stiff, that is not the case, I have found. Even the expensive, salon-brand hairsprays leave my hair stiff and unmoving. On my last trip to the US, when I enjoy shopping at Target for items we cannot get in Canada, I spotted

Ted Gibson Beautiful Hold Hairspray. My friend who I was with told me that all of Ted Gibson’s hair care products are simply wonderful (at $20 for an aerosol pump bottle, they better be wonderful!). I let her convince me to buy it, because she convinced me that it did not make her hair stiff at all, and I did purchase it on the condition that if I hated it, I would sell it to her.

So, just to test it out, I tried it out the next day. I sprayed very lightly, because, frankly, I was scared of the spray.

• But, my friend was right-it made my hair minimally stiff, but not at all hard and crunchy. I was actually able to run my fingers through it afterward, something I did not believe to be possible with any hairspray. So, that part was great. That day, it was windy and my hair held its style just fine. I like this hairspray lots, and while I still don’t use it every day, I would recommend it for a light, un-crunchy hold.

A few tips: use only a small amount, a light spray. I got carried away once, and got some stiffness. As

well, I tried it on wet hair before finger blow-drying and before curling it once, and this created real volume and curl. I also found that if you comb through it before you actually want it to come out, you will get some frizziness, although this may be just my hair. However, for the most part, a light spray of Ted Gibson Beautiful Hold Hairspray holds a style well without making your hair hard and crunchy, so I would recommend it to others who have bad memories of hairspray. It is expensive, but it lasts a long time when used sparingly.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 315031016500431/k2311a035/3.5.10