Samsung f2380m LCD monitor  » Electronics  »
  • I've owned quite a few LCD displays, and almost all of them have disappointed me in some aspect or another, as none have lived up to my old, 19 inch CRT display
  • My previous dell and Philips LCDs had ghosting and back-light problems, so gaming was an unpleasant experience at best
  • Two weeks ago, my new Samsung f2380 arrived, a 23 inch display with vga, dvi and hdmi ports, I bought it from a local store and it cost me about 270 $
  • But my biggest surprise of all came a bit later, I went to the kitchen to make a quick snack, and when I came back to my desk chair I noticed something strange, my monitor did not invert colors when viewed from the top
  • One thing I didn't like about this Samsung is that, although it has speakers of its own, the sound is weak and has little to no bass, but I hear that most monitors with built in speakers have this same problem, so it’s not a serious concern

• by Alexander Pope

I’ve owned quite a few LCD displays, and almost all of them have disappointed me in some aspect or another, as none have lived up to my old, 19 inch CRT display. My previous dell and Philips LCDs had ghosting and back-light problems, so gaming was an unpleasant experience at best.

Two weeks ago, my new Samsung f2380 arrived, a 23 inch display with vga, dvi and hdmi ports, I bought it from a local store and it cost me about 270 $.

I was surprised to notice that it had a very nifty stand, as I could not only adjust the height, but

also rotate it in vertical mode, and lean it backwards.

One other thing that pleasantly surprised me as soon as I turned on the monitor was the color reproduction; this is the first LCD that I’ve ever seen to have colors as beautiful as my old CRT monitor.

I quickly decided to test it a bit further and found 0 problems in games or movies.

But my biggest surprise of all came a bit later, I went to the kitchen to make a quick snack, and when I came back to my desk chair I noticed something strange, my monitor did not invert colors when ...

• viewed from the top ! All the LCD based monitor that I’ve seen thus far had this following problem: when I looked at them from weird angles (such as from a vertical position, or from the side of the monitor) the colors became distorted, but this is not the case with the f2380m, colors look fine from any angle.

This is very good is someone wants to watch a movie from their couch, or if you’d want to share the viewing experience with someone else, as they can see just fine when they stand upright.

Viewing angles were a serious problem with all of my

previous LCD displays, I’m glad I got rid of it.

It is also very easy to connect it to my PS3 console, as it has an hdmi port, so I didn’t had to use other converter cables.

One thing I didn’t like about this Samsung is that, although it has speakers of its own, the sound is weak and has little to no bass, but I hear that most monitors with built in speakers have this same problem, so it’s not a serious concern.

All in all, I’m very satisfied with my purchase, as it is a serious upgrade from any other LCD display that I’ve owned.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 165031016301031/k2311a035/3.5.10