Elizabeth Arden Red Door Velvet Perfume  » Perfume  »
2.5
  • After all that is the scent that I love a lot, and before I smelt that one I felt that this brand of Perfume was more for older people
  • The bottle is more a rectangular shape and the lid is slightly curved and I think this is the part which makes the bottle looke a bit more like a Door
  • It isn’t my least favourite in the range, but I do prefer the lighter scented ones

• by leeanne

I have used the odd Elizabeth Arden Perfume, but it was mostly Sunflowers that I used. After all that is the scent that I love a lot, and before I smelt that one I felt that this brand of Perfume was more for older people. I would have never tried any other if it hadn’t been for Sunflowers, but I have tried all the others in the range now, and although nothing matches up to Sunflowers, and I wouldn’t buy most of them again, they were alright.

This was in a large ish red rectangular box. The box looks quite thick and good enough

quality. The lettering isn’t that bright on the box, and not that eye catching, but it is ok. The bottle looks alright. It sort of looks like a large orante old style door, which is alright. The bottle is more a rectangular shape and the lid is slightly curved and I think this is the part which makes the bottle looke a bit more like a Door. The bottle is a deep red colour as well and again the lettering is quite small and simple. The glass seems quite thick, but I’ve seen thicker nicer bottles out there.

The scent of this is a ...

• sort of deep and musky scent which seems to have a good amount of floral notes in it. The flowers seem to be Peony, Freesia and Jasmine, and there is Muguet and apparently Green Tea in here. Bit of an odd mix to this, but nice enough. The scent lasts a good length of time as well, but I did reapply later in the day. It is a nice scent, and the notes seem to mix well, and cover a nice deep scent with some sparkling notes mixed through.

I’ve only seen this in a 50ml bottle, and I got this for £15. perhaps

a bit expensive since this is a named brand, but not that much a named brand, but not that much cost for this.

I would say that this probably would appeal to over 30’s and probably more so late 30’s. it isn’t bad, but I think the younger generation would like something more sparkling, fresh smelling and just that bit more youthful. It isn’t my least favourite in the range, but I do prefer the lighter scented ones. In hindsite this does seem a bit dated, and think it has been out for quite a few years, so perhaps it is needing to go now.

Teri says :

I like this scent. It is different. What I love about it is that men adore it. I usually get guys asking me what my perfume is, and my BF just loves it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 564031016150331/k2311a034/3.4.10