Revlon PhotoReady Makeup
  • I am rarely swayed by television or magazine advertising for makeup anymore, mainly because I have been disappointed time and time again with products that claim many things but never live up to the hype
  • However, when I saw an advertisement on television for Revlon’s new liquid makeup, called PhotoReady Makeup, I decided to look for it during my next drugstore visit
  • Of course, it doesn’t hurt to have a model such as Halle Berry in the ad, but I doubt she needs any help at all to look amazing
  • Anyway, I found this makeup in the Revlon section of my local drugstore, and saw that there were at least a dozen shades to choose from
  • I would recommend Revlon PhotoReady Makeup to anyone looking for a natural-looking liquid foundation

• by Jessie Bahrey

I am rarely swayed by television or magazine advertising for makeup anymore, mainly because I have been disappointed time and time again with products that claim many things but never live up to the hype. I also find that generally speaking, the more an item is advertised, the more expensive it is. However, when I saw an advertisement on television for Revlon’s new liquid makeup, called PhotoReady Makeup, I decided to look for it during my next drugstore visit.

The claim on the advertising is that this makeup makes your skin look airbrushed in any

light. Of course, it doesn’t hurt to have a model such as Halle Berry in the ad, but I doubt she needs any help at all to look amazing.

Anyway, I found this makeup in the Revlon section of my local drugstore, and saw that there were at least a dozen shades to choose from. I picked a medium tone, called Caramel, because this looked to be the closest to my skin tone.

The bottle is a convenient pump bottle, and because it is SPF 20, and a reasonable price at $14, I decided to

buy it.

I am always skeptical of makeup which claims to be natural-looking or to make your skin look flawless, but this makeup claims to do both.

According to the information on the packaging, PhotoReady Makeup contains photochromatic pigments which reflect and diffuse light, which erases all your skin’s flaws and pores. My relationship with most liquid makeup is that very few that I have tried look natural at all, and most leave my skin dry when I use it daily.

I often skip foundation completely, and just use bronzer or powder, because I hate ...

• Revlon PhotoReady Makeup
      the caked-on look and heavy feel of most of them. When I smoothed this liquid on, the first thing I noticed is that it covers nicely and blends in well, and doesn’t feel heavy on my face.

Although I am unsure as to how ‘flawless’ my skin looks with this on, I do admit that it is the most natural-looking liquid makeup that I have ever tried. It absorbs into my skin nicely, and I was able to wear bronzer over it with no streaking.

It also stays on all day, and it did not

feel heavy or make my face feel tight. I found no drying effect at all, even after using it for a week.

I love the natural look and light feel of this liquid. It didn’t make me look completely flawless, as some of the issues that I have with my skin still showed through a bit, but overall, it achieved what I wanted it to achieve, light and natural-looking coverage which lasts all day, doesn’t dry my skin out, and provides some sun protection.

I would recommend Revlon PhotoReady Makeup to anyone looking for a natural-looking liquid foundation.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 314031016070331/k2311a034/3.4.10