BSN Syntha-6 Cookies and Cream Protein Powder  » Health  »
  • This problem doesn't always happen but it does happen maybe 1 out of every 4 times
  • I buy the cookies and cream flavor of every protein that I try if it's available, so I have alot of different brands to compare to this one, and in my honest opinion this is the best flavored cookies and cream shake
  • In my opinion is tastes exactly like what crushed cookies and cream in liquid would taste like and I think BSN have really nailed this one
  • I loved the powder taste so much that I bought a second tub when the first finished but because I didn't know exactly what the protein profile was, I decided not to buy a 3rd tub after I finished the 2nd

• by Andrew

I am reviewing the BSN Syntha-6 Protein powder in the cookies and cream flavor. I’ve had 2 full tubs of this powder before, both in cookie and cream

Mixability: 7

There is sometimes problems mixing the powder in both water or milk. I have the powder mixed in 1-1.5 metric cups like i do all my protein powders. BSN Syntha-6 tends to clump too easily and once a large amount of powder gets clumped together in the liquid, you have to shake alot of harder to break the clump down otherwise deal with an unpleasant surprise of finding a chunk of unmixed powder when trying to chugg it down. This problem doesn’t always happen but it does happen maybe 1 out of every 4 times. It tends to mix better in water.

Consistency: 9

Consistancy is thick. This is probably due to the 10g of carbs and 5g of fat that is contained within every serve of this powder.

Thicker shakes are more satisfying because they keep me fuller but I also enjoy sipping on a thicker shake rather than a watery one like others are. Depending on how much water you have the powder mixed in, the consistancy of BSN Syntha-6 in water is thicker than other protein powders on the market mixed in milk!

Taste: 10

I have only tried the cookies and cream flavor. I buy the cookies and cream flavor of every protein that I try if it’s available, so I have alot of different brands to compare to this one, and in my honest opinion this is the best flavored cookies and cream shake. I’ve tried so many brands and would be extremely surprised (and excited)if there is a better tasting cookies and cream flavor on the market. In my opinion is tastes exactly like what crushed cookies and cream in liquid would taste like and I think BSN have really nailed ...

• this one. This is mostly likely due to the carb and fat content, which is higher than other powders, and because of this I would expect the other flavors (vanilla ice cream, choc milkshake, strawberry banana) to tastes very good at the very least.

Profile: 7

How much you like the profile will depend on what you are looking for. What you get with this product is a mix of different types of protein, and they differ in how fast they are absorbed by the body. This is a good thing however one massive negative is that this is a propriotary blend and BSN do not tell you how much of each type of protein is in the product, so you can’t really estimate how fast the protein will absorb or even whether or not this protein is right for you. Because of this if you are looking for a very fast absorbing protein for post-workout I wouldn’t

go for this product. Since it has 10g of carb and 5g of fat, I would say that this product is better for a meal replacement or just an addition to your breakfast as a source of protein as it may absorb slower than other protein products on the market. Because of the extra carbs and fat, this protein isn’t the best for those watching their calorie intake.

Overall Satisfaction: 7/10 Taste is absolutely amazing in my opinion, at least in the cookies and cream. I wish that they would make aware users how much of each type of protein they put in it, as this would guide us whether or not Syntha-6 is actually suitable for us. I loved the powder taste so much that I bought a second tub when the first finished but because I didn’t know exactly what the protein profile was, I decided not to buy a 3rd tub after I finished the 2nd.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 344031015170231/k2311a034/3.4.10