Panasonic Omnivision VHS PV-4962
  • As it is so dependable, if you spot a used one, you may just want to consider buying it
  • Although I thought the barcode scanner was cool at the time, I really never used it

• by Jude244

Normally I wouldn’t review an older piece of recording equipment, but I just have to say, the fact that my Panasonic Omnivision VHS video cassette recorder is still up and running is a true testament to a great machine. Yeah, this VCR is really old but it’s still alive and kicking. I actually just used it yesterday to help transfer my VHS to DVD’s. As it is so dependable, if you spot a used one, you may just want to consider buying it.

When I purchased the Panasonic Omnivision PV-4962 I received: the video cassette recorder, 1 RF Coaxial cable, a wireless remote with batteries, a Synchro edit cord, a barcode scanner with 4 batteries, and a bar code programming sheet. Although I thought the barcode scanner was cool at the time, I

really never used it. It was a good idea but it’s just not something that ever caught on for recording programs.

Some of the features of the Omnivision include the real time recorded time counter, one touch recording, and unattended timer recording using the bar code scanner. It also includes special effect play back features such as double speed playback, field still, field frame advance, and double fine slow and fast search.

The Omnivision also has audio and video dubbing, synchronized editing, auto tracking, auto operation functions and a learning remote control.

The Omnivision is not at all difficult to operate. I have never had any difficulty using it, and have even taught family members how to use it in no time flat. On the front of the VCR you ...

• will find the VCR selector button, power button, and channel up and down keys. In addition, it also has the standard buttons for record, play, stop, eject, rewind and fast forward.

Along with the standard operational buttons it also has headphone jack and volume control, audio out selector switch, record level switch, input signal selector line and tuner, a mono switch and stereo indicator, and a record level meter. Although it sounds complicated, it really isn’t.

When I want to record a television program I simply turn the TV to the correct channel for the VCR, either channel 3 or 4, and then inset a cassette into the VCR. The power comes on automatically when a tape is inserted. Next, I set my input signal selector to tuner and then set

the tape speed by pressing speed selector button until I have reached my desired speed, such as SP, LP, or SLP.

From here, I select the channel of the program I wish to record, and then simply hold the record button and press the play button at the same time. To pause the recording for commercials I only have to press the pause/still button and to record after the break I simply press pause again to return to taping. To finish recording when the TV program is over, I only have to press the stop button.

It’s that simple! If you are looking for a used VCR perhaps consider an Omnivision by Panasonic. It has a variety of special features that make recording your favorite TV shows quite easy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 163031014600731/k2311a033/3.3.10