Power Plant Cinema  » Entertainment  »
R3 Level of Power Plant Mall, Rockwell Center, Makati City, Philippines
  • This is where I would watch movies because first I live near the place and second I love the mall
  • I like it because you can sit and chat with your friends while waiting for somebody, waiting for the schedule or just trying to still contemplate of watching
  • It is convenient if you are in groups and you want a movie marathon

• by prigsy

This is where I would watch movies because first I live near the place and second I love the mall. This is the movie house of Power Plant Mall. This is situated in the 3rd level of the mall. I love this cinema because of the following reasons:

First, it has a good waiting area. A theater must have a area ideal for people who are waiting for the screening time of a movie. I would want to have coffee shops lined in front of the entrance of the

theater. Well, with Power Plant Cinema there were lots of coffee shops, snack bars outside and you wouldn’t surely get bored when you are waiting for the time for your movie screening. I like it because you can sit and chat with your friends while waiting for somebody, waiting for the schedule or just trying to still contemplate of watching.

Second, the ticket counter is centralized and provides a high-tech seating plan. There is one ticket counter which you can purchase all the tickets from all six cinemas.

• It is convenient if you are in groups and you want a movie marathon. You can just buy the tickets in bulk and everything is done. You can also see your seat assignments directly through the computer. There some movies which are on “reserve seats” selling so you have to choose your own seat assignment.

Third, The seat arrangement is unique. The interior of the theater looks like a modern auditorium. It also has enough leg room. The most leg room in all theaters I’ve been into in

the Philippines. The seat is comfy, clean and the cushion is soft. I like the cleanliness observed inside the theater. I did not notice any wrappers or soft drink cans in the floor. I also like the lavatory because it is huge, it has ample mirrors, the stalls were individually huge enough for all your needs. The theater and the lavatory both smelled clean.

I also watch movies here even if they don’t have 3D theater but I would opt this theater for the reasons I mentioned above.

CD Imperial says :

Why aren`t you showing a popular local film like Hating Kapatid? I so love going to the Powerplant cinema because of its location the coffee shops in the waiting area ticket booth. Moms like me who love to watch movies of a sweet young girl like Sarah Geronimo are disappointed. We could`ve done our supermart chores after the movie time. Too bad, this is a family movie which many people would like to see Aren`t local films not good enough for your cinema?

kprigsy replies :

Hello CD Imperial, Thank you for reading my review and for your question. Power Plant Cinemas only show foreign film as part of its set up except local films produced by Star Cinema which is owned by Lopez Group of Companies. I have the same query before but Powerplant always spoils me that is why I always go back no matter what. Kprigsy

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 593031014410631/k2311a033/3.3.10