Loreal True Match Super- Blendable Makeup, Natural Ivory C2
  • I thought I wouldn't like it because of that
  • I prefer a natural look, so I was really pleased that although it gives coverage and tones down my sometimes reddish complexion, I can still see my freckles through it a little bit
  • The best thing about this product is its velvety texture and look when applied
  • I enjoyed it so much that I often apply it to my neck and upper chest area as well
  • Now, my only issue with that is that it's only spf 17

• by Scarlet Hughes

Every year or so I try wearing foundation again, usually with disapointing results. I have extremely fair skin that runs towards the dry side. Also, my skin has a pinkish undertone rather than a true ivory. I have always had difficulty finding the right formula and shade of makeup.

I actually came across this product while looking for other beauty related products. I’ve tried mousse foundations and liquid foundations with fancy applicators, all of which I stopped wearing almost immediately because they weren’t the right color or went on too thick. I suppose it was the simplicity of this product that caught my eye. It comes in

a plain open mouthed bottle with a simple screw cap. Very old school.

To apply it, you basically have to pour some out into your hand. I thought I wouldn’t like it because of that. Actually, I’ve found it’s not too hard to control how much comes out and very easy to apply with my fingertips. It goes on smoothly and I can continue to blend it after it is applied. I prefer a natural look, so I was really pleased that although it gives coverage and tones down my sometimes reddish complexion, I can still see my freckles through it a little bit. Most other foundations ...

• I have tried make me look like I’m wearing a mask which is one reason I forgo foundation altogether at times.

The best thing about this product is its velvety texture and look when applied. When I touch my face with this product it feels like my face, not greasy or dry. There’s nothing about this product that reminds me I have makeup on. It actually seems to make my skin glow. I enjoyed it so much that I often apply it to my neck and upper chest area as well.

Another bonus is that this makeup contains spf. Now, my only issue with that is that it’s only

spf 17. As someone with very fair skin it’s not enough to protect me from sunburn if I’m out in the sun for more than say an hour. Luckily, I have found a high spf sunscreen for my face that I can wear with it so I’ve managed to make it work for me. But, of course I would still prefer to wear one product instead of two.

I’ve been using this makeup for almost a month. It’s the best liquid foundation I’ve found for my type of skin so far and I plan to continue to use it for as long as Loreal continues to make it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313031014210631/k2311a033/3.3.10