Teaching (profession)  » Job  »
  • Although I can not take credit for being a teacher, I think that teaching must absolutely be one of the most imporant jobs existing within our societies
  • Is there a quick or easy solution to this problem which plagues our soceities and communities
  • Unfortunately, there seems to be no easy solution that would make everyone happy simultaneously

• by cjaneb877
      Although I can not take credit for being a teacher, I think that teaching must absolutely be one of the most imporant jobs existing within our societies. On a personal level, I think that when students are able to enhance their academics, and strive to reach their ultimate learning and educational goals, teachers must feel so proud on a personal and emotional level for influencing the minds of America’s youth.

I have come into contact with so many teachers who so sincerely care about their students not only on an educational level, but also in terms of their students’ emotional, spiritual, and physical development.

Many teachers even care about their students as if they were essentially children of their own.

This makes sense to me, since they acutally spend so many hours with

students, especially when they are in their younger years of academics.

However, I can not see, how any teacher in their right mind would not quickly feel quite contradictory feelings when they open their weekly paycheck.

I find it quite ironic that teachers, the very people who are molding the minds of our children, the people who will be running our world of tomorrow, are paid such poor salaries.

Teaching is not an easy profession, and so many teachers are so wonderful to the children with whom they work, I find it quite disturbing to know that their salaries are so low.

Where are our priorities in society? Should teachers not be paid one of the highest salaries for devoting day after day to creating a more knowledgable, more skilled, more advanced ...

• future generation that will be running the world for our grandchildren and great grandchildren? While we are often quick to sing the praises of teachers who our children adore, are we quick to go to school boards and advocate for those teachers to be given raises or higher Christmas bonuses? I feel quite strongly that as Americans, we need to take a good hard look at how people are compensated for the jobs that they work in each and every day.

It seems to me that there needs to be a real revamping of salaries.

Yes, doctors and lawyers do a great deal of hard work and devote many sleepless nights to their careers, and are more often than not, handsomely rewarded for that level of skill that they obtain.

It drives

me insane, however, to see a doctor or lawyer living in exceptionally large homes driving around the most expensive cars and traveling around the world in their free time, while teachers, who work just as hard and devote just as many sleepless nights to their jobs, are often struggling to just make ends meet.

Is there a quick or easy solution to this problem which plagues our soceities and communities? Unfortunately, there seems to be no easy solution that would make everyone happy simultaneously.

I do, however, feel that some of those highly paid lawyers ought to donate some of their own personal time and advocate for teachers to recieve higher levels of compensation for the valued role that they play in educating our grandchildren, children, nieces, and nephews in our modern day era.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6211101411230/k2311a112/11.2.06