Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala  » Software  »
  • Little did I know that Ubuntu would save my life when I needed to get some writing work done
  • Something that I found was different with Windows and Ubuntu is the fact that Ubuntu provides an amazing library of free software for just about anything
  • I found a program called GIMP which gave me the tools I was looking for without taking from my familiar use AND it was completely free which was very impressive in my eyes
  • Personally I'd recommend Ubuntu to anyone because of the security and the features I've found
  • If I ever have an issue I have 100% free support and almost every time I needed an answer, I've found it

• by runawaybrandon

I’ve been an avid Windows user for a long time, when my computer crashed last year I looked online for free operating systems. Little did I know that Ubuntu would save my life when I needed to get some writing work done.

Ubuntu is an open-source operating system; which is nice to hear since Windows isn’t open-source and in the knowledge that open-source is quite an advantage for people like me who don’t like paying high costs to get small jobs done.

library of free software for just about anything.

When I couldn’t find a program to truly replicate Photoscape (photo editing software for Windows users) I turned to the Software center that Ubuntu has built into their operating system.

I found a program called GIMP which gave me the tools I was looking for without taking from my familiar use AND it was completely free which was very impressive in my eyes.

Personally I’d recommend Ubuntu to anyone because of the security and the features I’ve found. Ubuntu is very elegant and provides a lot of support.

Ubuntu has an ...

• online community and is built by developers and other users all around the world. If I ever have an issue I have 100% free support and almost every time I needed an answer, I’ve found it.

When I couldn’t get my Erin Brockovich DVD to play, I went online and searched the Ubuntu forums and found the answers I was looking for, which lead me to Ubuntu’s Package Manager.

Ubuntu’s package manager is great when you can’t find software or drivers online or within the free software library. It will enable more features than Windows and all for free.

My

favorite part about Ubuntu is the fact that I can modify the system to my liking and to fit my needs. All without the hassle of activations and licenses that cause me issues when trying to upgrade or update my computer.

I didn’t have to worry about updates slowing my computer down and with Ubuntu I don’t even have to defrag the computer anymore. I love it!

Ubuntu is the greatest operating system I’ve used; especially Karmic Kaola which is one of their best releases.

Thank God for Ubuntu; if it wasn’t for them, I wouldn’t have a computer anymore.

Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 303031014010631/k2311a033/3.3.10