Stargate Atlantis: Identity  » TV  »
2.5
  • I do have to say that I don't like how Sheppard's team approaches the people who have the device

• by Orrymain

The 18th episode of this last season of the series, Stargate Atlantis: Identity, gives us a strange-acting Jennifer Keller. The good doctor just isn’t acting like herself. Of course, we the viewers get a clue from the beginning, since it’s a different actress everyone thinks it’s Jennifer and when she looks in the mirror, we see actress Jewel Staite who plays Keller, but the rest of the time, it’s someone

else.

The stranger in Keller’s body is Neeva, portrayed by Dawn Olivieri. Helping to figure things out is Paul McGillion, who returns again as Dr. Carson Beckett.

Of course, my mind immediately went to the Ancients’ device with the communication stones used on Stargate SG-1. For once, the powers that be didn’t create something like it for Atlantis. Instead, they just admitted to the similarity and had a set of stones ...

• having been found in Janus’ lab back in the episode that Michael Shanks guest starred in at mid-season.

There’s not a lot of mystery here for SG-1 fans as a result. Folks who only watched Stargate Atlantis might have a few surprises, but otherwise, been there, done that.

I do have to say that I don’t like how Sheppard’s team approaches the people who have the device. They aren’t open about what’s

going on and they simply made a lot of demands. Sheppard acted like he was entitled to do whatever he wanted to. Wrong. It really comes off, not just as rude, but as obnoxious. I wouldn’t want to deal with people like that, not with how they approached these people.

At any rate, this is very much just an average episode, though I will say that Olivieri did a nice job.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102031013530231/k2311a032/3.2.10