Stargate Atlantis: Vegas  » TV  »
  • The problem is the pacing is too slow, even with using the vibrancy of the music score and Las Vegas background
  • Hewlett was probably the best I've ever seen him
  • This is definitely worth watching at least one time

• by Orrymain

Life gets crazy in science fiction, and that’s certainly true for Stargate Atlantis: Vegas which is a sort of homage to CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. There was a lot of buzz about this episode when it was done, so I was curious to see how it played out since I ended up with this DVD set for season five.

The directorial style and special effects even mimics the CSI series.

The good and the bad in my view follow:

–I do appreciate the attempt to stylize the show after the CSI series. They actually do a decent job of that, even with the use of music. The problem is the pacing is too slow, even with using the ...

• vibrancy of the music score and Las Vegas background.

–The first scene with David Hewlett as Rodney McKay is intriguing. It’s the only time we see him not sniffling, whining, or complaining about something. He gives off a strong persona here. That I can deal with.

–The Solitary Man scene was very cool. I’m not a fan

of Joe Flanigan per se, but I liked the subtlety and little nuances exuded in this scene.

There were some shortcomings in presentation, but overall, this was a show that, while not great, is best classified as cool. For an homage, it’s innovative. Hewlett was probably the best I’ve ever seen him. This is definitely worth watching at least one time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102031013520231/k2311a032/3.2.10