Gotham Citi Café in New Haven CT  » Restaurants  »
130 Crown Street New Haven, CT 06510
  • Actually this club is the best club in New Haven and no other bar or club in New Haven can compete with Gotham Citi Café
  • I recommend parking in one of the many garages and paying the $10-$20 it costs to park
  • I think I paid about $15 to enter Gotham Citi and yes again I felt like I was being ripped off

• by thereviewerat1

Gotham Citi Café is located in New Haven and it is one of the hottest clubs in New Haven. Actually this club is the best club in New Haven and no other bar or club in New Haven can compete with Gotham Citi Café. The location of the city where Gotham Citi café is located in really sucks because it’s a real crappy part of New Haven and finding a parking spot is a real big hassle. I literally drove around for a good thirty minutes trying to find parking and it was very annoying. I recommend parking in one of the many garages and paying the $10-$20 it costs to park. Parking was really a rip-off there.

The club itself was huge. There were two floors and the bottom floor was a decent size and

very clean. The club was very trendy with cool leather chairs and seats around the windows and the bar was nicely set up as well. The bar downstairs was huge! Upstairs was even bigger and I couldn’t believe how nice it was upstairs. There were comfy chairs everywhere up there and a very big nice floor! The dance floor got so mobbed and busy and I could barely move up there. When Gotham Citi Got busy I could barely move upstairs but downstairs stayed pretty mellow. If you go there I recommend that if you want a drink and if it is busy than get your drinks downstairs because you will have a better chance at getting served quicker downstairs.

The drinks were way too expensive at Gotham Citi and they certainly left me feeling ...

• slightly ripped off! I probably ended up spending $40 on booze and I only got about 3-4 drinks! That is crazy and a rip-off and the drinks tasted like crap! I asked the bartender too make me something good and all three times he made me some crappy stupid made up drink, very stupid and tasted like crap! I do not recommend you get any drinks there. If you want to drink than drink before you go unless you got a fat wallet. The cover charge was also pretty steep as well. I think I paid about $15 to enter Gotham Citi and yes again I felt like I was being ripped off!

The bartenders that worked there seemed very snotty and not friendly at all. They kind of acted like they were better than everybody

else that was in the club. The bartender that made my drinks did a horrible job and the bouncers there act like they are state troopers and act like they are all high and mighty. It was kind of uncomfortable at how the bartending and security staff acted. I think that the staff should have been more polite, talkative and the bartenders should be retrained on how to make good mixed drinks for their customers.

I recommend that you go to Gotham Citi on a Friday or Saturday night because those nights are packed and fun but just don’t expect to get beer or mix drinks there for cheap and be prepared to be surrounded by an arrogant staff but other than that Gotham Citi Café is real fun and you should go and party there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72031013310231/k2311a032/3.2.10