Downtown Holyoke Massachusetts
1.0
Holyoke, MA 01040
  • When I first went through Downtown Holyoke the first thing I noticed was all the buildings were old and ratty looking and just scary because they just looked so dirty and disgusting
  • I also parked my car in some parking lot in Downtown Holyoke, right by some park, Veterans Park I think the name was
  • There was probably 3-4 clothes shop that I found within walking distance from where I parked, 3-4 shops, that is it
  • If I had to compare this place to anything it would be to a dirty public urinal and the urinal would definitely beat out Holyoke

• by thereviewerat1

So if you like to travel and enjoy great cities than stay away from Downtown Holyoke! Yes I said stay away from Downtown Holyoke because there is nothing good about that place at all, not one single little thing is even halfway decent in that part of Holyoke. Holyoke is one of the worst cities in the whole state of Massachusetts.

First off Downtown Holyoke is filthy. When I first went through Downtown Holyoke the first thing I noticed was all the buildings were old and ratty looking and just scary because they just looked so dirty and disgusting. The streets were also trashed with litter and graffiti everywhere I looked! The buildings, streets and roads just all looked so run down and in dying need of fixing up.

I

also parked my car in some parking lot in Downtown Holyoke, right by some park, Veterans Park I think the name was. Well make sure that you don’t keep any valuables in plain sight because when I returned to my car my change in the cup holder was stolen and my driver’s side window was smashed. So I assume that this area is not safe at all and once you enter downtown Holyoke you will probably sense that as well given how the buildings and landscaping look.

Shopping also sucks in Downtown Holyoke because all the stores are over priced and there really aren’t that many stores to begin with! I wanted to go clothes shopping and thought that I’d go somewhere new and what a mistake that was! There ...

• was probably 3-4 clothes shop that I found within walking distance from where I parked, 3-4 shops, that is it! This place is a freaking joke! All the clothes in these shops were crap and I would never buy that stuff at the prices they were asking. The average shirt was around $30 but they were just all so ugly and hideous looking!

Oh excuse me I think there are like 3-4 bars in Downtown Holyoke so if you count that as fun and entertaining than maybe you will like it but the bars I did go to and check out were so filthy as well and I just ended up walking out without buying one darn thing because I was just sketched out and grossed out.

There are also

no good places or restaurants to eat at in Downtown Holyoke. I ended up eating at the freaking McDonalds instead! Even that place was so disgusting on the inside. I really don’t think Holyoke cares about Downtown Holyoke! If I had to compare this place to anything it would be to a dirty public urinal and the urinal would definitely beat out Holyoke! This place is just one big dump that needs to be bulldozed over and put back together.

The downtown section of Holyoke has nothing to offer except dirty places, crappy shops and a few bars that are filthy and gross. I will never ever go to downtown Holyoke again unless I absolutely have to and you should never pay downtown Holyoke a visit unless you have to as well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382031013280231/k2311a032/3.2.10