Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum  » Travel  »
620 N. Harvey Avenue, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
  • It was a very worth while and interesting experience, but very emotional
  • This experience gave me a much better understanding of the day of the bombing and how life in Oklahoma City changed that day
  • I believe this is a must see for everyone, just to see what Oklahoma City went through that day, and how they came together afterwards
  • I know I have a much greater understanding of the Oklahoma City Bombing
  • I don't think I could bring myself to ever go back here

• by Sandi

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

I had no idea what to expect from the Oklahoma City national Memorial & Museum. I remember when the bombing happened like it was yesterday and thought we should stop and take the tour and show our respect to those that had died, as well as the survivors. I got a lot more than I bargained for. This was a beautiful memorial, it kind of looked like a well groomed park on the outside.

When outside the fence was the first time I cried. There were so many pictures of victims, as well as gifts and other items left in tribute. It was hard to think about any of the people that died, but when I would see a picture of a child, it was just so sad.

Inside the museum was set on a timeline of how events

went on the day of the bombing, starting with an ordinary morning and how it quickly turned to tragedy, and on through events for the next several weeks. It was a very worth while and interesting experience, but very emotional. We saw items form the victims, like clothing and other personal things.

There were vehicle parts and even parts of the truck that took part in the bombing. I just kept thinking, how could someone do this to all these innocent people? I even seen my husband had teary eyes and my thirteen year old daughter and I could not stop crying. We were not the only ones.

You could see how sad all the other visitors were as well. I knew this was a huge tragedy, but visiting the museum and seeing all the victim’s items and tributes ...

• just really made it hit home. Being in these surroundings with all the facts and information of the day of the bombing right there in front of me just really made the immensity of this tragedy hit home.

I remember having chills the whole time we were in the museum as well as at the fence where all the pictures were. I felt like I was there and could feel the pain and anguish of the dead as well as the survivors. It was probably the saddest thing I have ever experienced in my life.

I am glad I did do this, as sad as it was. This experience gave me a much better understanding of the day of the bombing and how life in Oklahoma City changed that day. It also showed how a ctiy came together and

slowly picked up the pieces in order to move on.

I did not personally know anyone who died that day, but after out visit to the memorial I feel very close to each and everyone of them and their families. I believe this is a must see for everyone, just to see what Oklahoma City went through that day, and how they came together afterwards. I know I have a much greater understanding of the Oklahoma City Bombing.

This memorial is very respectfully done and is set up in a timeline that makes it easy to see just what took place that day. I don’t think I could bring myself to ever go back here. It was just to emotional of an experience, am glad I did go at least once.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382031012660131/k2311a032/3.2.10