Pony Express Museum  » Travel  »
914 Penn, St. Joeseph, Mo.
  • Stopping at the Pony Express Museum in St. Joseph, Missouri was well worth the low admission cost
  • It was a great learning experience, and I was glad my thirteen year old got to see the movie, as they have little time to hit on this in school anymore
  • It was also good to get to watch the movie before going on the rest of the tour, it made it that much more interesting

• by Sandi

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

Stopping at the Pony Express Museum in St. Joseph, Missouri was well worth the low admission cost. I did not realize this was where the Pony Express started before this visit. The Pony Express Museum is in the actual spot as the original stable, where the first rider took off from.

We got to watch a great movie that really explained how the Pony Express worked and operated. It also showed all the troubles and trial the riders had, and sadly ho some of them lost there lives trying to keep the mail going. Some lost their lives to Indian attacks and other from other tragic happenings along the way.

It was a great learning experience, and I was glad my thirteen year old got to

see the movie, as they have little time to hit on this in school anymore. In fact, she knew very little of the Pony Express before this. She had heard of Paul Revere, and that was it.

It was also good to get to watch the movie before going on the rest of the tour, it made it that much more interesting. There was also a great, easy to follow and read map of the route which was taken on the Pony Express. We also found that this spot in St.

Joseph is the only real orignal spot left standing to this day. We got to see photos as well as read some great stories on individual Pony Express riders. We also got to stand in ...

• the original stable itself, and it was cool to see an old well pumb that had been used by the riders at this station to water the horses and to fill their canteens with.

This might be a place geared toward kids, but my husband and I, who are both in our fortys were really happy to have gotton the opportunity to visit this great historicle siteand learning stuff about the pony express we had never known. We really enjoyed this museum a lot. Thfere were hands on things to keep the kids interested and lots of visual learning, not including the reading.

They even got to play a scavenger hunt game, that my toddler really had fun at, with sissy’s help. The older guy at

the door, as well as the young teenage employees were all very pleasant and helpful. The museum is nice and clean, a great learning experience, as well as fun for my husband and I, as well as our girls.

We also visited the great little gift shop and picked up some post cards and other goodies. This was an experience we will all remember as a great time. When we were leaving we went to the little park across the road where the kids could run and get some energy out for the trip ahead, and there was a neat old train we got to look at.

A great ending to a great experience.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382031012650131/k2311a032/3.2.10