Chicago Children’s Museum  » Travel  »
700 E. Grand Avenue, Chicago, Illinois
  • She did have fun watching them do different learning activies that helped with math, science and other subjects by being fun activities where they didn't even realize it was a learning experience
  • It was worth the cost of admission to visit the museum and gave the little ones somthing fun to do in the middle of us adults doing things we wanted

• by Sandi

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

We only get to Illinois to visit relatives about every two or three years. On our last trip this past summer we spent a week with my causin and her family right outside of Chicago. We spent everyday going into Chicago siteseeing, eating at different restaurants and shopping. On one of visits my causin and I took our little ones, my almost three year old daughter, and her five and six year old daughters to the Children’s Museum, while the older ones went of with our husbands.

This museum was so much bigger than one a kid museum we had recently been to in Kansas City, Missouri. There was so much to do. For a while we went along with my causin and her kids.

A lot of the things they could do were a bit much for my little one. She did

have fun watching them do different learning activies that helped with math, science and other subjects by being fun activities where they didn’t even realize it was a learning experience. If schools were set to teach the way the museum is set up, I have no doubt all the kids would learn a lot more.

They were just having so much fun. After a while of watching my little causins, I took my baby off to find things she could do herself. One of the funnest things for her was a stream running indoors where she got to get wet while trying to help other little ones build a dam.

I finally had to drag her away from here so we could see what else there was. We found an indoor, outdoor play area with a tree house and little trails to crawl ...

• through. She make a couple of little friends here and once again I had to drag her away.

We went into a makeshift lab, and the attendents there were so good and patient. They helped my baby make and airplane that really flew and then we got to do a science experiment that bubbled all over the place when we mixed ingredients. Even though she didn’t understand what this was all about she had fun and laughed when mommy made a big mess on the counter.

We spent the rest of our time playing with different educational games for preschoolers. We spent a little over two hours at the Children’s Museum and there were lots of things we didn’t even get to see in that time. Although my toddler had a great time, I hope we can go back in a few years

when she will be able to do even more of the activiies here.

It was worth the cost of admission to visit the museum and gave the little ones somthing fun to do in the middle of us adults doing things we wanted. I wish we had somthing like this closer to where we live for little ones. It is a great learning experience while being great fun at the same time.

It will probably be another three years before we get back to Chicago, I will deffintely make it a point to take my daughter back. She had so much fun without being able to participate in all the activities. I can only imagine how much fun she’ll have in three years.

This is most certianly on my revisit list.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382031012630131/k2311a032/3.2.10