Branson Zipline & Canopy Tour  » Travel  »
2339 US Highway 65, Branson, Missouri
  • When we got to Branson my kids and husband gave me the best surprise for my birthday ever
  • The tickets had cost almost two hundred dollars for my daughter and myself to go
  • All I know is it was a long way to the top
  • Once I was finally able to open my eyes I had the most thrilling experience of my life

• by Sandi

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

As a family we visit Branson, Missouri a few times a year to spend the weekend and we spend at least a week of a family vaction there when we can as well. One thing I had seen on our previous visit was the Zipline, where you fly over the trees on a cable. Last summer we had planned a week to go and had made reservations for several shows and our motel and all in advance. When we got to Branson my kids and husband gave me the best surprise for my birthday ever. He had reserved a Zipline and Canopy tour for me and my thirteen year old daughter.

This is somthing you have to do way in advance we had found out, as they are backupped on reservations. The tickets had cost almost two hundred dollars for my daughter and myself to go. We got up on the day of the tour and it was really cloudy like it could rain. We did luck out and it ended up

not raining until later in the day after we were back at the motel.

The sun even popped out on and off and it ended up being a pretty nice day for the tour. The first thing we did after arriving at the start of the tour was fo through orientation to learn how to operate the zipline which was very simple. We then got on a tram bus and rode to the top of a very high hill, almost a mountian. All I know is it was a long way to the top.

I do have a slight scardness of hights and even though I really wanted to go on the zipline I was really getting nervous at this point. My teenage daughter on the other hand was as calm as a cucumber, just really excited. The certified guides helped to hook and make sure our ropes and cable hook ups were secure, then sent each of the twelve peole in our group of one at a time. When one reached ...

• the end of the mile long cable the next would be sent off.

My daughter and I were the last two to go. She made me got first, because she was afraid I would chicken out. Once I was all secure and strapped in, the whole while the guide reassuring me how safe this is, I closed my eyes and pushed off. What a feeling.

Once I was finally able to open my eyes I had the most thrilling experience of my life. It was so cool flying over the trees. It felt like I was going a hundred miles an hour. When I got the the end, I looked back and seen my daughter flying toward me.

She was yelling and laughing the whole way. After the main zipline ride we walked through trails under the trees and over bridges and stopped and rode on six more smaller ziplines on the way through the canopy tour, so named because we were under a canopy of trees the whole time we were

on the ground. It was such a beautiful walk on the trails, but this pailed in comparison to riding the ziplines. Even though the others weren’t as long or quite as fast as the first, they were fun.

I was able to open my eyes after the first one and really enjoy the scenery as I flew over the top of the trees. Overall, the tour and zipling rides all together took about three hours. My daughter and I both agreed this was money well spent. It is hard to find things that we can both enjoy equally now that she is a teenager.

This is one experience we won’t soon forget and really hope to have the opportuity to do again someday. The Zipline and Canopy Tour is one of the most fun things I have ever done. It was just thrilling, and we got to see alot of great Ozark Scenery from above. It just doesn’t get any more fun than this for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382031012620131/k2311a032/3.2.10