Rent a Canoe  » Travel  »
  • To make a long story short, if you want to trap yourself into a workout, and acutally having to complete the workout even if you do not want to, I highly recommend renting a canoe
  • I probably am making it sound like I found the whole activity relatively deplorable, but surprisingly, I did not
  • I think its a great way for a married couple to spend time, while simultaneously enjoying some awesome scenery and doing something for your mind, body, and spirit
  • The biggest benefit that I enjoyed was that although I was dripping in sweat and grime and utilizing just about every muscle in my body to keep up with my husband's paddling, I was still able to enjoy the tranquil surroundings of nature

• by cjaneb877
      I might as well be known as the anti-exercise woman. I literally can not stand doing any kind of intense workout program if I am not having fun while doing it, and not consciously thinking about the fact that I am acutally exercising.

As a result, I more often than not look for activities or experiences that will give me the health benefits of exercising, while still providing that ultimate semblance of distraction that I seem to need in order to motivate myself! This year for our anniversary, my husband and I rented a canoe and traveled down the Brandywine River.

We (perhaps foolishly) left from Northbrook Orchards in Pennsylvania, and signed ourselves up for the five hour canoe trip down the Brandywine into Delaware.

We figured it could not be all that difficult.

Afterall, you have the motion of the water working

with you, rather than against you, and five hours is a lot of time.

We were sure we could easily accomplish the goal.

Five hours and fifteen miles later, we reached our destination in Delaware.

My arms literally felt like they were going to fall off of my body and my back muscles were actually twitching because I had utilized so many muscles that I probably had not used in years! To make a long story short, if you want to trap yourself into a workout, and acutally having to complete the workout even if you do not want to, I highly recommend renting a canoe! Just when you think your body has had all that it can take, you remember that you are stranded in the middle of a body of water and in order to reach a state of comfort where you ...

• can allow your body to relax, you have to paddle your way to the end destination! I probably am making it sound like I found the whole activity relatively deplorable, but surprisingly, I did not.

In many ways, I liked the challenge of having to get to the end of the course, and I absolutely loved the fact that my husband and I were doing an activity that allowed us to not only just talk and catch up, but also to work together to reach a common end goal.

I think its a great way for a married couple to spend time, while simultaneously enjoying some awesome scenery and doing something for your mind, body, and spirit.

with my husband’s paddling, I was still able to enjoy the tranquil surroundings of nature.

I was acutally quite shocked by all of the beautiful sights we were able to view, and the tremendous sounds of nature that embraced us on our journey! Overall, it was a captivating activity that I would certainly enjoy doing again.

The best part of it all? Its really a cheap activity.

I think that in total, we paid only fourty dollars for two adults to rent a canoe and life jackets and be picked up once we received our final destination.

For a straight five hours of entertainment and exercise, that is not bad, especially when you figure that for an hour and a half movie at the theaters, by the time you buy snacks, sodas, and candy, you are spending atleast that for two people, if not more!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38111101250430/k2311a111/11.1.06