Labtec Media Keyboard  » Hardware  »
2.5
  • The first few times I used it I was pretty impressed by the sensuous feeling of the keys
  • This pleasurable experience did not last very long and after about 3 months the keys started giving me problems by getting stuck while I was typing
  • This was very frustrating because time and again I had to go back to words that I noticed there where letters missing
  • This is in my opinion definitely not the keyboard you should get if you are an avid touch typist because it will end up driving you crazy
  • I do not recommend the Labtec Media keyboard, but do think it would have been quite nifty if it wasn't for the problem with the keys

• by dsiebrits

Most people usually just buy any keyboard they can find for their computer because for them a keyboard is just a keyboard. That was something I did until I got hold of the Labtec Media keyboard.

The first thing that caught my eye was it’s stylish appearance with all it’s fancy shortcut buttons located at the top.

It was this attractive features that actually made me buy this keyboard.

The first few times I used it I was pretty impressed by the sensuous feeling of the keys.

This pleasurable experience did not last very long and after about 3 months the keys started giving me problems by getting stuck while I was typing.

This was very frustrating because time and again I had to go back to words that I noticed there where letters missing.

The reason for ...

• this could have been because of the accumulation of dust particles in between the keys, but I doubt it since this had never happened to me before with my previous keyboards.

This is in my opinion definitely not the keyboard you should get if you are an avid touch typist because it will end up driving you crazy.

It does have some positive features despite the negative issue regarding

the keys.

I really enjoyed the shortcut buttons, especially those used for surfing the web.

I could check my e-mail with the press of a buttom which was very convenient.

The music shortcut buttons was also a pretty nice feature which I liked using.

I do not recommend the Labtec Media keyboard, but do think it would have been quite nifty if it wasn’t for the problem with the keys.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 332031012231231/k2311a032/3.2.10