Cobra Band Radar Detector Not Quite As Expected  » Electronics  »
2.0
  • I found out that it does not do all 9 bands as it said it would on the box
  • That wire has come loose a couple of times but I know how to fix it on the Cobra Band Radar Detector now

• by Fresian2009

I recently go the Cobra Band Radar Detector on sale at the local flea market. I was very excited to get home and install it. I got the ESP7100 model.

Maybe the one that I got at the flea market was used. I found out that it does not do all 9 bands as it said it would on the box. This was very frustrating indeed. Why on earth would they advertise 9 bands if it does not do that. It ended up working with only 6 bands. I give that part a definite bad mark.

The unit was supposed to be very easy to install. I read over the instruction booklet. Then I read the

instruction booklet again. After reading it two times, I tried to get it all up and working. What a mess! I ended up having to call a friend of mine to come over and help me. It took the two of us almost 2 hours of time on the weekend to get the Cobra Band Radar Detector installed.

Once everything was installed, I could not wait to try out the Cobra Band Radar Detector. I went for a ride around the town. I drove to the grocery store. Then I headed over to the gas station and filled up my tank. The Cobra Band Radar Detector did not pick up anything in the area.

The ...

• next day, I ran all my errands. The same thing happened again. The Cobra Band Radar Detector did not pick up anything. I figured I must have had it installed wrong. I called my friend back over. He helped me check everything. A wire had come loose. I guess it did that when I accidentally backed over a curb and the car jolted a little. This of course did not leave me anymore confident that something else might not jar this thing lose.

I drove around a bit to see what would happen. There was a beeping of the Cobra Band Radar Detector. I checked out all my mirrors but did not see any police

cars around. I went a few more miles and the beeping went off again. This time when I looked there was a car sitting on the side of the road around a curb. Now, I was not speeding. But if I had been, I would have gotten a ticket without the Cobra Band Radar Detector to alert me.

Since the initial problems, the Cobra Band Radar Detector has paid for itself. It has kept me from detection now three different times. It does work when you get through the headache of getting it properly installed. That wire has come loose a couple of times but I know how to fix it on the Cobra Band Radar Detector now.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161031011601131/k2311a031/3.1.10