Chicago IL Lincoln Park  » Travel  »
2001 N. Clark Street, Chicago, Illinois
  • And the best part, there was no admission charge
  • I was a little disappointed we did not get to go in the museums or even really get a look at the monuments and statues
  • I will always remember this park and really want to go back in the summer for the full experience

• by Sandi

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

We visit family in Illinois, right near Chicago once every two or three years whenever we can get a way for a week or so. This past fall we finally made it back after almost three years since seeing my causin and her family. On our last day there my causin took me and my two girls, ages thirteen and three to Lincoln Park. My kids were not all that excited, considering our parks where we live consists of a small playground, a tennis court, walking track and a pool at a couple of them. I was blown away by the Lincoln Park.

I had no idea it was so huge and so full of things to do and see. This park does not just have a baseball park, tennis court and a basketball court, it has many of each. I also learned there are over a hundred and sixty volleyball courts. Wow! There was also an immacuate golf course.

My husband would have loved this part. even though it was the beginning of fall there were still lots of colorful flowers in the beautifully landscaped gardens we saw throughout the park. We saw the conservatory and the nature museum, but did not get to go in them on this visit, because the kids wanted to go to the zoo first, and we ran out of time. Yes, I said zoo.

They even had a zoo, and not a real little one either. It was good sized for being in a park. And the best part, there was no admission charge. There were some of the usual animals in the zoo, but wha the kids spent the most time at was the farm.

The farm was a great place for kids. There were horses, cows, pigs, sheep and other farm animals. The kids got to help feed the animals and my oder daughter got to try her hand at milking ...

• a cow. Once we got the kids drug out of the zoo area, we went to the lake.

There was a theater that set right on the lake, but only had shows in the summer. There were also swimming beaches. I just can’t imagine how much fun this park is in the summer, hopefully the next time we get to Illinois will be in the summer. By the time we walked around looking at he lake, it was getting late.

We did see some of the great staues as we walked back to the parking area. I was in awe of the Grant Memorial, it was huge with a horse on top and there was a great statue of William Shakesphere. We did get to see the protected pond on the grounds as well. This is great.

Where else can you see a pond with beaver dams right in the middle of a big city park? I really liked this

pond because it was a conservation project to help protect all kinds of prairie plants and animals. We did not see a beaver, but did see a lot of different birds and to all of or delight a big Crane landed on the pond while we were there. I was a little disappointed we did not get to go in the museums or even really get a look at the monuments and statues. We just ran out of time.

If had I known this park was so awesome I would have made a point to get two days here at least. Oh well, there is always next time. I did get a lot of pictures of the girls with the animals, the pond, monuments and flowere gardens. I will always remember this park and really want to go back in the summer for the full experience.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381031011521131/k2311a031/3.1.10