Tokyo Majin Episode 1  » Movies  »
  • The story however is interesting but doesn’t really get things off to a good start, if you know what I mean
  • I think it’s because it’s hard to remember the names of the characters, but that’s just me

• by ReViewMeMedia

Tokyo Majin Episode 1 starts out when a high school girl is being pursued by undead Zombies and is murdered. Later a boy named Tatsuma Hiyuu, a high school student meets Kyouichi Horaiji, a well known delinquent and they begrudgingly team up with Aoi Misato, Komaki Sakurai and Yuuya Daigo to battle undead zombies who are murdering people at night.

Let me start of by saying that Tokyo Majin is something of a

mess. The characters don’t have very good introductions and they’re names aren’t said often enough to be able to properly remember who’s who and I had to go look it up just to make sure I got them straight. The story however is interesting but doesn’t really get things off to a good start, if you know what I mean. I think it’s because it’s hard to remember the ...

• names of the characters, but that’s just me.

I do think the animation looks good and the fight scenes and the English dub cast does a good job. It’s just too bad all the character names are hard to remember and the fact that the story is somewhat confusing. But it does have a lot of potential to be good. I also have to advise parents that Tokyo Majin has strong

language, as in adult language and violence and I did see the F-word written in graffiti in the background in one scene. This is rated TV-MA so you should be warned before watching this. It’s a decent show and you should check out if you’re old enough to watch it.

Tokyo Majin is available on DVD from Funimation after they bought the rights from ADV Films and can be bought on Amazon.com and Rightstuf.com.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111031011221031/k2311a031/3.1.10