Mr. Clean Extra Power Soap Scum Blaster  » Housewares  »
2.5
  • I decided while this product was in my bathroom doing its thing, I better open the window
  • When I came back five minutes later, I found the Soap Scum Blaster on exactly the same spots I had sprayed it on

• by Melissa Glenn

I love the Mr. Clean product line and have bought previous cleaning products from this line. This time however; I wanted a spray cleaner for my bathroom, specifically the bath and tub surround and decided to purchase Mr. Clean Extra Power Soap Scum Blaster in a 946ml spray bottle.

This Mr. Clean product looked like good value for the money; it was only $4.99CDN. The directions were fairly easy to follow, I was to spray the tub and bath surround and leave the Soap Scum Blaster to soak for a few minutes and then

either wipe it off with a dam cloth or simply rinse it. I was so relieved to find a bathroom cleaner that didn’t require scrubbing!

I sprayed my tub and surround and found the spray nozzle on this Mr. Clean product to work quickly and efficiently. I got a nice uniform spray of clear liquid and it only took me a few minutes. What did bother me however; was the smell! Mr. Clean Extra Power Soap Scum Blaster stinks! There is no other word for it. Not only does it smell like Javex,

• but there is another harsh underlying scent that I simply could not identify. I decided while this product was in my bathroom doing its thing, I better open the window.

When I came back five minutes later, I found the Soap Scum Blaster on exactly the same spots I had sprayed it on. It didn’t slide down my tub surround and bathtub and pool in the tub like I expected. I got a cloth and began wiping it off. I couldn’t see much difference on the tub surround as it hadn’t been really dirty.

The tub wasn’t much better either. I have hard water, so I typically get ring around the tub, and I found with this Mr. Clean product I ended up doing a fair amount of scrubbing.

I am really disappointed with this Mr. Clean Extra Power Soap Scum Blaster, it simply doesn’t blast. I can remove soap scum with it, but only if I really scrub! This was a bit much for me, I was looking for a simpler, less time consuming bathroom cleaner, and one that didn’t stink quite so badly. I won’t buy this one again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531031011151031/k2311a031/3.1.10