Balea 3 in 1 cleansing cloths
1.5
  • Reguarly, these Balea cleansing cloths cost $13.99CDN so I hoped I was getting a bargain
  • I thought this was certainly a good idea and couldn't wait to try it out
  • I am glad I bought these Balea 3 in 1 cleansing cloths in a pack of 60 while they were on sale as they are simply not worth the money at all
  • In fact I have had better effects with cleansing cloths I have bought at the discount store so I definitely won't be buying these again

• by Melissa Glenn

I had seen all the hype surrounding the new Balea skin care line and when the Balea 3 in 1 cleansing cloths came on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart for just $6.99CDN I just had to buy some. Balea is quickly becoming a household name for skin care in Canada and as I always like to use a cleansing cloth to remove my make-up I figured this would be a good way to learn whether or not I liked their products. Reguarly, these Balea cleansing cloths cost $13.99CDN so I hoped I was getting a bargain.

The white plastic pop top box the Balea cleansing cloths came in was very non descript. Just a simple plastic box with a

blue push button that you use to open the lid. What amused me is the waste the Balea company has spent in designing these boxes; the cloths only take up one quarter of the space inside, meaning they are greatly over packaged. The cleansing cloths came in this secure silver wrapping that keeps them moist, and once I had opened this up, it was easy to feed the cloths through the dispenser.

I was really intrigued by this 3 in 1 concept by Balea; my Cosmetician told me that these cloths were designed to remove make-up, wash your face, and when you turned them over to the gritty side they acted as a facial exfoliator. I thought this was ...

• certainly a good idea and couldn’t wait to try it out.

I should have left these Balea cloths at the drug store. First of all they were smaller than any other cleansing cloth I had bought for my face. They were about half the size of a regular kleenex, and while I don’t wear much make-up it did usually take two cloths to remove it all. Not only that, but when I used these cleansing cloths to remove my mascara and eyeliner, they burnt my eyelids. I figured the irritation would go down if I used these cloths a couple more times, but it didn’t although they did not bother the rest of my face.

Worse still was that these

Balea cloths were not very moist despite the fact that they were kept in an air tight container. The very worst thing about them however; was that the cloths felt the same on both sides. There were no raised areas to indicate which side was meant to be used to exfoliate. I tried turning them over several times but never felt any difference whatsoever.

I am glad I bought these Balea 3 in 1 cleansing cloths in a pack of 60 while they were on sale as they are simply not worth the money at all. In fact I have had better effects with cleansing cloths I have bought at the discount store so I definitely won’t be buying these again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311031011121031/k2311a031/3.1.10