Valentino Rock N Rose Pret a Porter Perfume  » Perfume  »
  • I was drawn by the look of the bottle and I thought with the brand name then this should be a long lasting, expensive smelling Perfume, and the bottle looked nice and girly, so I thought it would smell nice and sweet
  • I see that this Perfume’s recommended retail price is £37 for the 50ml bottle, which I think is expensive

• by leeanne

I squirted some of this while trying some testers in a local Perfume shop. I was drawn by the look of the bottle and I thought with the brand name then this should be a long lasting, expensive smelling Perfume, and the bottle looked nice and girly, so I thought it would smell nice and sweet.

I see that this Perfume’s recommended retail price is £37 for the 50ml bottle, which I think is expensive. But the shop I was in was

selling it for £30. a bit of a saving, but not that much.

The box is a light pink colour. It doesn’t look anything fancy, and is just a plain rectangular shape. It has the lettering in small letters and a little design squiggled over the bottle. Looks ok I guess.

The bottle is more a rounded shape. The lettering and same design that’s on the box is on here as well. The glass is thick and clear and you can see the light pink liquid through the glass. This has a little chain design thing around the neck of the bottle, and this makes it look a bit more ornate. The lid is quite tall as well, and it has a pink bit sticking on the top of this.

So how does this smell? It was similar to what I expected it to smell like, but also a bit different. There is plenty of floral scents in here and it is light, but ...

• Valentino Rock N Rose Pret a Porter Perfume
      it is more fruity than I expected. This has Orange Blossom, Rose, Muguet, Sandalwood, Black Currant, Vanilla and Bergamot. The Sandalwood gave a heavier scent, the Vanilla was a bit warming and the Orange and Black Currant gave the fruity twist.

This smelt nice after it was sprayed and left to settle for about 10 minutes. When it was first sprayed it smelt a bit odd, and you can smell the strong designer scents in this, which was nice. But after

it had settled down a bit and warmed to your skin then you could smell all the different scents in here.

I would say this would be more suited to people in their early 20’s that like a nice designer scent, and like scents to be a bit more on the heavier, slightly musky side.

It was nice enough, but I wouldn’t buy it. It isn’t exactly the scent I would go for, it is too expensive, and there is more nicer scents out there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 561031011101031/k2311a031/3.1.10