When We Were Soldiers  » Movies  »
  • When We Were Soldiers stars Mel Gibson in one of the best movies I've ever seen depicting the Vietnam War
  • If you are looking for action packed movie then this will definitely not fail you
  • I think this is a very good movie to see in orderto get a good understanding of how overwhelming war can be and why we should avoid it when possible

• by alpha2zulu
      When We Were Soldiers stars Mel Gibson in one of the best movies I’ve ever seen depicting the Vietnam War. The storyline is great, the scenes are even better.

If you are looking for action packed movie then this will definitely not fail you.

This must’ve been a hard story to tell because of the fact

that it is a hard movie to watch.

Not hard as in hard to follow rather, it is so detailed and so close to the reality of war than it can be disturbing.

I had to stop the movie several times when some of the scenes just became to much for me to see and then ...

• pick it up again later.

The movie tells the story of an air calvary and the battle they fight in the la Drang Valley of North Vietnam.

Both sides of the battle are filmed as well as the reaction to the soldiers deaths back home.

I dont want to ruin the movie for anyone but the battle

scenes are incredible.

I think this is a very good movie to see in orderto get a good understanding of how overwhelming war can be and why we should avoid it when possible.

The soundtrack is just right for the scenes, really compelling stuff.

The DVD also includes 10 deleted scenes which are allworth watching.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 113110101110631/k2311a1031/10.31.06