Movie Coraline
  • I enjoy Tim Burton movies, especially the stop motion animation ones such as Corpse Bride and The Nightmare Before Christmas
  • I never read the book Coraline, which is aimed at young readers, but I enjoyed the movie so much I went out and bought the book
  • It makes for a very unique and enjoyable movie experience, as I loved the “look” of the movie

• by Opalina143

I enjoy Tim Burton movies, especially the stop motion animation ones such as Corpse Bride and The Nightmare Before Christmas. So I was very eager to see Coraline. I had high hopes and high expectations. It turns out that I was not disappointed.

Coroline is a movie based on a novel by

Neil Gaiman, an author who has written fantasy novels for children and adults. I never read the book Coraline, which is aimed at young readers, but I enjoyed the movie so much I went out and bought the book.

The animation in Coraline was very well done. Instead of the computer generated animation ...

• that is so popular nowadays, the makers of the movie went all out to use stop motion animation, and constructed hundreds of dolls and models to make the movie. It makes for a very unique and enjoyable movie experience, as I loved the “look” of the movie. The story was very engaging,
        and the movie managed to be quite suspenseful and even a little scary. I can honestly say it is too scary for many small children. The villain in the story, the Belldame, is very frightening-looking. But the overall story is delightful.

Teenagers, older children and adults who are young at heart should enjoy Coraline.

Lin Wade says :

This is not really a question, but more of a comment. Coraline is not a Tim Burton movie, it is done by Henry Selick who also worked on The Nightmare Before Christmas with Tim. Its a common misconception because the previews claimed from the director of The Nightmare Before Christmas to sell tickets. I`m glad you liked it though, its up there on my favorites.

Vital Expressions says :

That’s pretty cool, I was also under that misconception, thank you Lin for clearing that up. I noticed that Selick also directed James and the Giant Peach, which come to think of it, that movie has a similar style, though it is less dark.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111031010741031/k2311a031/3.1.10