Stargate Atlantis: Ghost in the Machine  » TV  »
  • Never let it be said I can't say something good about this series that I'm not fond of because I'm saying here that this episode was actually interesting enough to hold my interest for three-quarters of it

• by Orrymain

Stargate Atlantis: Ghost in the Machine is the fifth episode of the fifth and final season for this SyFy TV series. Never let it be said I can’t say something good about this series that I’m not fond of because I’m saying here that this episode was actually interesting enough to hold my interest for three-quarters of it. The very beginning and then a part towards the end were a bit for me, but overall, I was surprised to be fairly

engrossed in the episode. That doesn’t happen often with this TV show.

Original regular Torri Higginson is seen in archive footage as Elizabeth Weir, who was the original commander of the Atlantis base. I always thought that was stupid, and I didn’t like it when Higginson replaced Jessica Steen in the character. Higginson was downgraded to recurring status and essentially let out of her contract and/or quit in season 4, depending on who you want to believe. She was asked ...

• to return for a major storyline arc in season 5, but declined. Bravo for her.

However, the powers that be altered their plans and still came up with this episode, in which Weir returns as an entity in a computer (not unlike when Carter’s mind went into a computer on Stargate SG-1). She molds herself into a human and is played by Michelle Morgan, who deserves a pat on the back for mimicking Higginson a great deal. I was impressed.

I was

intrigued with the plot for one of the few times ever, and since McKay didn’t screech much and Woolsey was more in the background, it wasn’t as super annoying as usual. I also like a bit of the ‘dare’ in the confrontation between Sheppard and this new Weir. It was pretty good and led to an interesting and surprising end.

So, like I said, let it be known that when something is really good, I will acknowledge it, and this episode was good.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101031010681031/k2311a031/3.1.10