Stargate Atlantis: The Queen  » TV  »
0.5
  • The problem is that no one really wants to look at them

• by Orrymain

Stargate Atlantis: The Queen, season 5’s eighth episode, is very big into this whole wraith business. The wraith are the equal of the Goa’uld on Stargate SG-1. The problem is that no one really wants to look at them. They are unpleasant evils and never really captured the viewers of this show. Though they were present

throughout the five seasons, they just didn’t have that magic following or presence. I, for one, can’t stand them. The basic thrust of this show is that Dr. Keller (Jewel Straite) has come up with a potential gene therapy that would alter the wraith DNA and make it so that they didn’t need to feed on humans (think vampires,

• times ten).

For better or worse, the following are the parts of this show that both appeal to me and make me cringe:

–Frankly, there’s nothing much I can think of that I like. This whole program makes me cringe. Teyla (Rachel Luttrell) agrees to become a wraith guinea pig, and that’s really not much fun to watch.

–I’m not sure

why, but Christopher Heyerdahl, who plays Todd the Wraith, has a pretty good following. I just don’t see it. I don’t really even mean him as an actor, but more his character. All I want to do is change the channel, or rather, change DVDs.

This show is one I have absolutely no desire to ever watch again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101031010651031/k2311a031/3.1.10