Stargate Atlantis: The Prodigal  » TV  »
  • I found the character to be one dimensional and boring

• by Orrymain

Stargate Atlantis: The Prodigal, a fifth season episode, begins with Woolsey confronting Ronon about not filing mission reports. It then shifts to Sheppard and McKay racing remote control cars down a corridor where they run into Teyla who is trying to get her baby to sleep. It’s all very innocent stuff that doesn’t mean a whole lot in the long run. It felt like a

lot of filling time to me. The real drama begins when the power goes off and communications go out and then they discover outsiders had entered Atlantis.

The good and the bad of The Prodigal follows:

–Connor Trinneer returns as Michael Kenmore. He’s one of the invaders who is after Teyla’s baby and some device. I found the character to be one dimensional and boring. He’s ...

• just another angry mutant seeking revenge.

–There was a lot of heavy musical scoring for this show. It’s not that the score doesn’t fit the show; it does, but it is almost too commanding, especially in the final fight sequence with Teyla and Michael. It’s extremely dramatic and with its loud beat, it’s a bit distracting.

–I’m not sure how I feel about the resolution of the fight

scene. It’s neat that Teyla is taking Michael on and actually outdoes him, but it’s what happens next, which I won’t spoil for people who care and haven’t seen it, that is questionable.

Overall, it’s an okay show. I actually sat through this one when it aired originally, and that was unusual, so I guess you could say it holds my interest, though it’s not all that exciting.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101031010630931/k2311a031/3.1.10