Tropicana Tropical Punch
  • I'm pretty impressed with how good it was, actually

• by Ash Marie

I’m nursing a seasonal cold, so I went to the store to find that orange juice, normally a little higher than other juices, was jacked up suspiciously higher than normal. Instead of selling in to the cold-time mania, I opted to try some Tropicana fruit punch instead. Two quarts

was a dollar (on sale, usually $1.25, says the sign.) So I grab it because it has 100% of the daily recommended serving of Vitamin C in every 8 ounce glass.

I got it home and realized that it was made from concentrate, but it was none-the-less tasty. All in all, the drink is only 5% juice. The punch is made from concentrates of several different fruits, including apple and passion fruit. I’m pretty impressed with how good it was, actually. Everyone in the house enjoys it.

I actually went back and bought a few more cartons and tried ...

• Tropicana Tropical Punch
      a few more varieties of the same brand. The Peach Nectar is also worth trying. Unlike the peach, this one is a little more tart.

Nutritionally speaking, the juice is decent. Every serving has 130 calories, none from fat. It has just a tad (less than 1% of the daily

value) of sodium. It’s not chock full of sugars and doesn’t have any artificial flavors or colors like other juice drinks often do.

Overall, I’m happy that I tried this. I’m sure when the orange juice rush is over, I’ll be back to that, but for now, I’ll keep enjoying my tasty alternative.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271031010550931/k2311a031/3.1.10