Employment at the Academic Success Center, Athens, WV  » Other  »
Concord Univeristy 1000 Vermillion Street Athens, WV 24712
  • I have had a very pleasant experience here and intend to stay until I graduate
  • I know when someone leaves the office, there isn't any gossip about what they were wearing or if their problem was stupid

• by Ash Marie

I have been a student worker at the Academic Success Center at Concord University for almost 2 years now, since its establishment in 2008. I have had a very pleasant experience here and intend to stay until I graduate.

The small office is located in the Marsh Administration building on the Athens Campus. There are three main employees and several student workers. Student workers are on different

schedules, so we rarely fill up the office.

I have thoroughly enjoyed working here. The work is usually easy but often abundant. Pay is currently $7.25 an hour. The office is open Monday to Friday, 8-4, but workers set their own hours.

My favorite thing about working here is that there is absolutely no drama. I know when someone leaves the office, there isn’t any gossip about what ...

• they were wearing or if their problem was stupid. It’s a great, friendly environment. Things are generally professional, but there is a casual air that is rare in office work. Everyone works, but we often take a little time to talk about recent local events or joke about our lives. All the people I work with are incredibly kind and always willing to help. In fact,
        I often stop in and talk to my employer about issues I am having at the institution and she can almost always help me.

I’ve never had a better job. I’m very happy that I get to work in such a great environment every week, and I hope I can continue working here until my time is up. If anyone ever gets the opportunity, try to work here!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 121031010540931/k2311a031/3.1.10