Emjoi Epi Travel Hair Remover, Battery Operated, Model AP9LC  » Health  »
1.0
  • I found it at the store for around $20 so I purchased it
  • The device is battery operated so it's convenient to take anywhere
  • The problem was that it would take forever if I needed to do both legs since the product only removes a little bit of hair at a time
  • I would not recommend this product, it didn't work for me

• by mariekay

I am always on the hunt for a hair removal product that will deliver long lasting results. Usually I shave my legs every day, but that gets tiresome, and the regrowth is apparent by the next day. When I first heard of the Epi Hair Remover, I was so excited t o try it. The claim was that it pulled the hair out from the root, leaving the skin hair-free and smooth for weeks. Because it does yank the hair out of the skin, I expected some discomfort or even pain while using this product, but I figured it would

be worth it if it did in fact keep me hair free for weeks.

I found it at the store for around $20 so I purchased it. The label said it was ideal for sensitive areas such as the upper lip, under arms, and bikini area. The device is battery operated so it’s convenient to take anywhere.

I first tried it on my under arms. It did hurt while using it, but the pain subsided once I stopped. I went over the area for about 5 minutes and then checked it. Most of the hair was gone, although there were still a few strays. The area was also really red and inflamed, so I applied some lotion and that seemed to help a bit. Because the Hair Remover didn’t actually take out all of the hair, I ended up needed to shave anyway. So, for that area I wasn’t too impressed.

Next I tried it on my upper lip. Normally I wax that area, and it hardly hurts anymore since I’ve been waxing it for so long. But when I tried the Epi Hair Remover on it, I almost cried it hurt so bad. I could hardly stand a full ...

• Emjoi Epi Travel Hair Remover, Battery Operated, Model AP9LC
      minute of using the device on that area. SO, I left it alone and made one more attempt on my legs.

The Epi Hair Remover seemed to do a pretty good job on removing the hair off my legs. The problem was that it would take forever if I needed to do both legs since the product only removes a little bit of hair at a time. In fairness to the Epi Hair Remover, it really isn’t designed for use on legs. So, even though it was removing most of the hair, I couldn’t imagine trying to use it instead of

shaving simply because it would be so time-consuming.

I really wanted the Epi Hair remover to work for me, but the bottom line is that it just didn’t. I even tried it again a few days later on my underarms, thinking that perhaps I had not exfoliated well enough the first time. But, even after exfoliating I had the same results: red, irritated skin, and hairs left behind.

So, for now I am back to shaving every day. I would not recommend this product, it didn’t work for me. On a positive note, the store gave me a full refund upon return of this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341031010500931/k2311a031/3.1.10