Vaseline Petroleum Jelly  » Cosmetics  »
  • Actually, though I have identified this review as a review of Vaseline Petroleum Jelly, I think that the comments would apply to other petroleum jelly brands as well because petroleum jelly is actually a rather generic product
  • Besides the fact that Vaseline Petroleum Jelly is a great multi-purpose cosmetics product, one of the best features has yet to be mentioned -- cost

• by deem

Why am I doing a review of Vaseline Petroleum Jelly and categorizing it as a cosmetics review? The answer is simple; Vaseline Petroleum Jelly is an absolutely invaluable cosmetics product that every woman should have in her cosmetics collection. Actually, though I have identified this review as a review of Vaseline Petroleum Jelly, I think that the comments would apply to other petroleum jelly brands as well because petroleum jelly is actually a rather generic product. Please allow me to begin by saying that I have counted Vaseline Petroleum Jelly among my favorite cosmetics products now for what must be, I confess, about 40 years. I started using Vaseline Petroleum Jelly as a clear lip gloss as a young teen after I complimented a friend on her clear lip gloss and was surprised to learn that she was weawring nothing other than Vaseline Petroleum Jelly.

All you have to do is apply a little dab to your lips and — Voila! — instant clear lip gloss. Actually, I have sometimes used it

over or under a colored lipstick as well if I want a little more color on my lips while still retaining the moisturizing qualities of the Vaseline Petroleum Jelly. In addition, once I started using Vaseline Petroleum Jelly as a clear lip gloss during the day, I soon realized that my lips, which had previously been chronically chapped due to an unfortunate proclivity on my part of licking them or, when I am nervous, biting them, were in better shape than they had been for a long time.

Therefore, I started using Vaseline Petroleum Jelly as a night time lip moisturizer or lip balm. That is actually my favorite way of using Vaseline Petroleum Jelly. I apply it just about every night before I go to bed as a lip balm and my lips stay in good condition, rarely getting chapped or raw.

Of course, Vaseline Petroleum Jelly does not taste good, but that is part of the point for me — it discourages me from licking or biting my lips. On weekends,

• especially in winter, I reapply the petroleum jelly to my lips during the day even when I am just hanging around the house. When the bottoms of my feet are dry or cracked, Vaseline Petroleum Jelly comes to the rescue again.

I slather my feet in the Vaseline Petroleum Jelly when I come out of the shower right before bed and then apply an old pair of white cotton socks so I don’t get any petroleum jelly on the sheets. When I wake up in the morning, my feet are in a greatly improved state. Much softer and better moisturized than the night before.

In case you are wondering, I am talking about plain old Vaseline Petroleum Jelly that comes in a jar or tub. Even with frequent use, a reasonable sized jar of this petroleum jelly lasts for a long time, easily a year and a large jar lasts even longer. I try to take care that my hands are clean when I dip the product out of the jar

or tub because I realize that products in jars and tubs are subject to contamination.

However, after 40 years, please allow me to assure you that I have not experienced any ill effects. I absolutely love this stuff and buy it in plastic tubs so they do not brfeak if dropped. In addition, I even take Vaseline Petroleum Jelly along while traveling so I can apply it to my lips while traveling.

Besides the fact that Vaseline Petroleum Jelly is a great multi-purpose cosmetics product, one of the best features has yet to be mentioned — cost. I often pick up my petroleum jelly at a dollar store for a dollar or at a drug store or discount store for about the same price. You can be assured that any drug store or discount store will have this product among its inventory of items.

If you have not tried petroleum Jelly as a cosmetics product, I urge you to do so as soon as possible, because I think that you will be pleasantly surprised.

Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311031010390931/k2311a031/3.1.10